Here is how they view the flock

by Pistoff 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

How does the FDS and Mr. Lett think of you?

You are a number on their balance sheet!

From Mr. Lett's video about 'Oneness' on jw.tv:

"..In the meantime, what does Jehovah expect us to do?

He wants us to be assets, never liabilities, toward this oneness. Or to use a banking illustration, he wants us to be making deposits rather than withdrawals, from this oneness, never even slightly resembling this original Oneness Disruptor, Satan the Devil."

Does the WT have even one writer that can form a coherent argument, one that starts with a recognizable theme and makes the talk follow that theme?

1. What the hell is oneness? Why not 'unity'?

2. Really, a banking illustration? And isn't it really a metaphor, not an illustration?

And it is mixed with this weak description of Satan as an 'original oneness disruptor'?

It sounds like a B movie villain, Original Oneness Disruptor!! OOD!

3. Also, the idea of making deposits rather than withdrawals, stolen right from Stephen Covey, 7 Habits.

Listening to him, really anyone who is on jw.tv, just makes my head hurt.

This is what happens when people without schooling, or an original thought in their head, get promoted to Bethel.

• hoser
    hoser

I think the statement about making deposits is a subliminal message that jws are not donating enough to the coffers.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Anyone who cannot see that Lett is insane, is hypnotized. Seriously, the guy is an idiot.

I agree, this is what happens when the offspring of Millerites somehow outlive their expiration date. Ignorant people teaching more ignorant people, and promoting the most deluded zealot to a position of leadership.

DD

• blondie
    blondie

unity

[yoo-ni-tee] /ˈyu nɪ ti/
    IPA Syllables
    noun, plural unities.
    the state of being one; oneness.
    a whole or totality as combining all its parts into one.

oneness

[wuhn-nis] /ˈwʌn nɪs/
    IPA Syllables
    noun
    the quality of being one; singleness.
    sameness; identity.
    unity of thought, feeling, belief, aim, etc.; agreement; concord.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

All of those people, yet somehow one?

Kind of reminds me of the Trinity......3 beings in one......achieving "oneness".

I agree, unity is more appropriate term. Oneness is strange cult-lingo if you ask me.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

to use a banking illustration, he wants us to be making deposits rather than withdrawals, from this oneness [the WTS] - a transcript of this speech should be given to the part of government responsible for recognising charities and NGOs. Hopefully the WTS' charity status will be withdrawn.

I can't watch this clown. I tried, but after literally 10 secs I had to switch off.

• a watcher
    a watcher

"Oneness" is spoken of in Ephesians:

"...the oneness of the spirit..." (Eph 4:3)

"...the oneness of the faith..." (Eph 4:13)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit