xmas dilemma

by Ellie 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

My daughter started school this year and in her class are 3 JW kids who happen to be relatives but she doesn't know this.

Anyway, I'm pretty much known for my anti witnessing in my town so a few mothers have come up to me and asked what they should do about sending xmas cards to these kids, I don't know what theyshould do or what I should do, I feel mean leaving them out but I don't want to be responsible for them being given cards fromtheir friends only to have them taken away by their parents.

Should I maybe send them a non xmassy card and some sweets? They are only aged 3-4, I feel sorry for them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

How about forget the cards and just give them the sweets?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I agree with mrsjones on this, just send them some sweets.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

No matter what you do, there's no guarantee the kids will get the stuff if you're known as an apostate. Even so, it's fine to reach out to them without rubbing Xmas in their noses. Send them something right away so it's not interpreted as relating to Xmas or holidays . . . just a card to say 'thinking of you cuz you're sweet' with some sweets. Who knows, they may end up in the garbage and labelled "possessed," but at least you made the effort to reach out and it shouldn't cost you much to do some simple, little thing.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

BTW, wouldn't this be a nice opportunity for your daughter to meet her relatives and give the sweets and cards to the kids at school where parents can't interfere? Just find out about allergies and school policies on that, first.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Don't treat them any differently then the other kids. If you're going to send a card and sweets to the non-JW kids, do the same.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit