The dark side to their new personality

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Totally true!

I have become a very happy, friendly, loving, appreciative person. I make allowances for everyone and apply strict rules to no one.

As a JW I was afraid all the time, depressed, desperately stressed, irritable and ill.

I like my new personality away from the bOrg much better and so does my husband and family.

My GP and receptionist commented that they never see me anymore at the surgery except if one of the kids is unwell!

That says a lot that even my medical records show how I have changed!

• Genesis
    Genesis

So true JH ! As a JW I was run by my ego thinking I was special... and was self-righteous and hateful of wordly people. Now im a much more balanced person and even one JW who knew me was stumbled by that. Seems that Satan spirit has done wonders to me ;)

• choosing life
    choosing life

What changes in a person when they become a JW is is their tolence . They refuse to tolerate anything or anyone who the JWs say are wrong. It is really a form of predjudice. They show predjudice to every one that is different than them. Yet they say they are the most unpredjudiced religion in the world. Actually, they take it to a whole new level.

They wash the outside of the cup, but the inside is filthy. I started wearing a dress, stopped cursing, stopped other things, but started being a hypocrite by the way I judged all others as "outsiders". Jesus accepted everyone and was criticized for eating and drinking with sinners-drunkards, prostitutes, tax collectors, etc. He said that everyone is our brother, not just someone with the Watchtower's stamp of approval.

• Gill
    Gill

Spot on, Choosing Life!

I was just such a stupid hypocrite! I never knew how good it was to be tolerant and caring to EVERYONE. It's wonderful when you stop seeing everyone else, who isn't a JW, as a walking corpse!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

It all reminds me of that movie Disturbing Behavior with Katie Holmes where the kids of the small town are turned into practically robots to be "better kids" and in turn only become more and more psycho and weird.

• Xnived Shadow
    Xnived Shadow

After I started to stray from the ORG was when I got meaner I refused to have friendships with other people even the guys in my unit for a while. I kindof didn't see a point to them.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I'd rather be friends with someone who has loads of premarital sex than someone who'll leave me for dead for smoking a cigarette or sharing gifts on Dec. 25th.

Hallelujah, praise the Lord, and AMEN!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your average JW will turn on you in a heartbeat..I have pets with more loyalty...OUTLAW

• zagor
    zagor

Everything JWs do boils down to 'show off' which in process turns them into hypocritical monsters that have smile of an angle. For instance, not every JW sexually abuses their kids but virtually all of them abuse them emotionally in a forceful attempt to make them keep up appearances at every conceivable aspect of JW life without a letup. No wonder most end up on rocks as emotional wrecks.
    It is a system that is rotten from the top to the bottom. Every publication they study and how its studied dulls the mind rather than enlighten it. Heck, I’d say that describing what JWs do as a study is a real insult to people who actually do study.

But lets go even further ...

Compare then their conventions to any other scientific or otherwise, convention or symposium, while it is in human nature that sometimes wonders off in their thoughts what would you say about a convention where it is a good estimate that 90% of them are CONSTANTLY only on the verge of thing that can still be called – paying attention.

I remember my days while still in. We had those special Thursday service meetings where they were supposed to discuss convention that was on the last weekend. I was always surprised when guy from the platform asks what anyone remembered and there was a mute silence. In fact, when looking back I’m pretty sure that even one on the platform wouldn’t remember anything were it not of some notes in front of him. And how could they, the favorite part of convention was usually always lunch break, lol.

Then I compare it to several symposiums and conferences that I’ve been to. I mean it is buzzing with activity. Even when there was mid-session break people usually talked about what was on the program or things that were closely related to that. Which demonstrates genuine interest and paying of attention. So apparently, JW system doesn’t work. Hell, how many times did I see people falling asleep in their seats; even when they are awake you can tell by looking into their eyes they are fighting sleep so any song, clapping, announcement or distraction is god-sent to save them from embarrassing snore break.

What about their door-to-door activity? Well when you think about how much time they spend in it, you can easily see how ineffective that system is. And it is ineffective because most of them don’t know how to speak with people. Nor do they really care to try better. ("Hi we are Jehovah's Witnesses - would you like to look into our new magazines" LOL) I’d say an average door-to-door salesman would beat them any day.

Then take “Theocratic Ministry School’. How long has it been around? 50 years or so I reckon. But does it work. Well I’m confident to say that in most cases the answer is resounding NO. When you consider how much they are taught week in and week out they should be experts in it, but no most of them are not much further than they’ve been 10, 20 years ago. So what’s wrong? If students at school (let alone university) took that long to comprehend things they’d be considered as hopeless retards.

Why is that? Well there is surprisingly simple answer to all of that. Their bodies are trained to do those routines but their brains are disconnected. Why? Because every JW knows in his heart even if he doesn’t want to admit it that those activities are not fulfilling him one bit. He’s there to survive the end and that’s pretty much all that matters.

So indeed it is a selfish, show-off system that destroys natural human tendencies by marking them as spiritual weakness and turns people into as Jesus eloquently put it “Wolves in sheepskin”

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I still mourn for the lost opportunities I had for so many years to truly love and bond with people.

There is no love in the Tower. Anyone who enters and was able to show love and bond with people, must forsake them all. A child is dispensable. A sister is deletable. How could any JW be all that they can be when they may be asked to forsake their own flesh and blood. Sacrifice of the human heart. "Numb your members" ..that includes your humanity.

It becomes so logical, so normal after a time.

::sighs::

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit