Come pray with me

by detective 0 Replies latest jw friends

• detective
    detective

As I occasionally do, I decided to take a walk on the wild side and visit Greatcrowd.com
    The usual nightmare- lots of squishy, appreciate your magazines and joyful pioneering testimonies. The disturbing reminder of how the 9/11 tragedies make for good witnessing- all that typical banter.
    I came across this, though and wanted to post it. To be fair, the sister mentioned that the householder appeared drunk though her partner-in-crime at the door didn't notice. It sucks to pray with a drunk one. That was the problem, right? That he was drunk?

Feel the love:

"With the mention of the tragedy he suddenly wanted to join hands and pray right there on the sidewalk in front of his home.
    The brother kept glancing at me (I just kept smiling and thinking how to get out of it tactfully) and said he did not mind praying
    but did the man know who we pray to? and through whom?... The man said yes and kept insisting we pray with him wanting to link hands and taking my wrist when I did not offer my hand. When the brother still did not begin to pray the man offered to do it and the brother immediately said no no he would do it.
    Finally I mentioned I would be returning to get his opinion on the article, and we were in a group we needed to keep up with and on the sidewalk wasn't such a good place for prayer. (I really wanted to say how about sobering up first)"

How sweet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit