Just how efficient is the US Government?

by Sailor Ripley 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

So I changed my address... online and I thought, wow, that was easy. I also paid a buck to register to vote. Both were over 3 months ago.

I go to vote today in early voting but to no avail. "We have you at #### abc address." I tell her that I changed it. She says, "oh it takes a while for that to change." My wife and I wondered how it could take over 3 months to change a simple address and register us to vote at our new address? How could the government be so slow and inefficient. Our transportation department is a joke, compared to the team that just put in some toll roads. Why?

Is there any part of the US Government, or any for that matter, that can be construed as "efficient" compared to a private company? I could not think of one instance. Please help me out here.

I still say that if you want something done ahead of schedule there needs to be a profit involved or a commission. Imagine if the Post Office paid each worker a commission for each person helped. Wow!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

well if you're going to be using a diebold voting machine, i guess it doesnt matter about your vote anyway.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't know about the US government, but it sounds about as efficient as ours. There have been a few instances in the UK of dead people getting Council Tax demands months after they've died, and other examples of inefficiency. I guess it's the same the world over.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Try dealing with VA.. my hubby is a disabled vet, you would not believe the stupidity involved in getting anything accomplished. Most of the individuals we've dealt with have been great, just way over burdened. (except the Dr's, most of them are pricks) It's taken us 5 years of paper work and Dr's visits to get his rating up to 80%.(from 40%) and it's going to take at least that long to get the last 20% but I refuse to give up (way too stuborn) They made him sick, they owe him every penny and then some.

I better stop there or I'll go on for hours :)

Misty

• Arthur
    Arthur

I don't think that there are any governmental departments or agencies that are as efficient as the private sector. Even the Defense Department; as effective as it may be at deploying people and resources quickly; still wastes an enormous amount of tax dollars on questionable projects and research.

In my opinion though, I think that the FAA is probably the most efficient agency there is. They have to be efficient and effective. The workings of the nations air transportation is always being scutinized by the public. Just one airline crash can shake things up to the point of readjusting personell and procedures. When there are major failures or waste taking place in another agency like the Dept. of Agriculture for example; very few in the public are even aware of it.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Misty,

Sorry to hear of your trials and tribulations after your hubby served for US. Seems like it'd be easier after he gave so much. Thank him for his service from some dude in Texas; it's certainly appreciated!

Although, I'm sure they'd change everything about the VA and subsequently all hospitals and become "great", if we implemented a National Healthcare System, which has been discussed so many times on JWD. Nah.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Just how efficient is the US Government?

ummmmmmmm... let's see... tabbacco is legal... alchohol is legal....

Cannabis is NOT legal for medical or recreational, or industrial use...

hmmmmmmm.... Not very efficient at all, from my point of view...

Hey!... I'm not sayin' they should legalize Cannabis... just hurry up and crimanalize tobbacco and alchohol...

HA HA HA HAHA!!!!!!

,Mike

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I say legalize everything. If you do anything to excess it can kill you. Can we have less government, please?

Good to hear from you, dood.

• Mystla
    Mystla

Thanks Ripley, I'll pass it on :)

Funny you should mention Pot, Mike... it's the only thing that even comes close to helping hubby with pain, but if he get's caught using it he would lose all his VA benifits.. ironic, eh? He's even legal for it in our state, but the fed's could still yank all his benifits.

Misty

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    I say legalize everything. If you do anything to excess it can kill you.

Yup... I'm all about it... survival of the fittest.. wheather it be physicaly fit, or psychologicaly fit...

Dat's My Word, Mike

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit