Another ?!

by luffy 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• luffy
    luffy

Im in the process of trying to get my boyfriend to see sense, as however much I try I can see no sense in the JWs teachings as "Christian"..Ive got little over a week before he's baptised, but Im not giving up that easily, especially after reading the stories on here..He says he wants to rescue me from a burning house..I say I want to rescue him from the hang mans noose..anyway was discussing with him earlier and I know I read somewhere in the Bible something along the lines that we should let no man teach us, and read no other material that has been changed, apart from the Bible, as God will teach us all things..I just cant remember the exact wording or where in the Bible I read it..does someone know where that was...Im still looking lol!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

1 John 2:27

But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you all things, and what he teaches is true-it is not a lie. So continue in what he has taught you, and continue to live in Christ.
    Footnote:
    Greek the anointing.

New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust

• luffy
    luffy

((((((((((((hugs)))))))) frannie

• garybuss
    garybuss

The new covenant only applies to the Witness group leaders and the spirit only directs the organization that's why Witnesses are baptized to the spirit directed organization.

For every scripture you can give a Witness they can give you 3,200 to prove yours is wrong.

Debating with a believing Witness is like being in a pissing contest with a skunk.

• luffy
    luffy

rofllll...didnt think anything could make me laugh right now..Im waiting for him to return home from his meeting of prize pissing skunks lolol..thnks Gary

• TheKings
    TheKings

i think 1st timothy 6:20,21 applies well to jdubs ;)

• TheKings
    TheKings

i think one of the scriptures you are thinking of is in revelations 22:18

"if any man makes an addition to these things god will add to him the plagues that are written in these scrolls;"

• TheKings
    TheKings

also, matthew 15:9

'it is in vain that they keep worshipping me (jesus) because they teach commandments of men as doctine'

• TheKings
    TheKings

one last one:

galations 1:10-12

;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit