Child sex-abuse database?

by Jerohobobonadad 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Hi all.

Just read the post about the court ruling in California.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but when that TV programme about child abuse was aired in the UK (early 2000's), I think the spokespeople denied the existence of a database. My elder dad was also adamant that there was no database and I am 110% certain he was not lying to me.

How do we know it exists? What is to prevent the WTBTS simply destroying it or hiding it amongst one of it's corporations either in the US or abroad?

Forgive my ignorance in these matters.

Jerohobo.

• blondie
    blondie

If you are interested in that topic this website has tons of info:

www.silentlambs.org

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was an elder in the years up to 1998 and we definately were asked to send details of any known child abuse case to the Society so that they would include the perpetrator on a database of abusers . We were told that they wanted to be able to track such ones if they turned up in a new congregation.

Since that time the UK has introduced "Data Protection Laws " which gives people the right to have a copy of anything held by a company about them. I wonder if this would have made it a "hot potato" and perhaps dropped - but i have heard nothing to say that it is not still in existence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit