Call the police?

by Pistoff 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

In my part of the world, there are supposedly congregations throughout the "cities" that have had talks about going directly to the police if we hear of any illegal activities, rather than going to the elders.
    Any active witnesses hear the same talk?

PM me for the state.

P

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

BTTT

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

This will probably be because the states own individual laws or legal circumstances obligate its citizens to report some wrongs to the authorities; it is possibly this and no other reason why the WTS has chosen to give these talks.

I do not know of any such states though given that I am from across the pond!

DB74

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

As far I know, this is NOT a reporting state.

I can't figure this one out; maybe it is a case of the WT getting info out through back channels, like the PO to the elders to the rank and file.

Any others in the US hear this? I am in the northern plains.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yes, it would be a CYA talk from the WTS.

Not in Illinois that I know of. It would depend on each state's laws.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

OnTheWay, have you heard it?

Or did you hear it from the CO?

Any info would be appreciated. As far as I know, the elders still want to supress any bad PR.

Yesterday, I heard from a relative of a woman he knows in the hall not far from here. She has been beaten and raped by her husband; the elders have told her to be a better wife, and not to separate. She went to court, got a restraining order and now the elders are telling her friends not to associate with her.

Any one else??

• Cognitive_Dissident
  • hubert
    hubert
    She has been beaten and raped by her husband; the elders have told her to be a better wife, and not to separate. She went to court, got a restraining order and now the elders are telling her friends not to associate with her.

I hope she goes to the newspapers with this, if the court allows her to.

Hubert

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

bttt

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

This is more common than you would think.

Someone in our family was told to pray harder and go out in service more when she was raped and beaten in her marriage.

She separated from him and changed halls. He is treated well, she isn't.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit