After 10 years we finally get a Service Visit!

by Sailor Ripley 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

My wife told them, "go pound sand." I had to open the door and call them back. I was really excited! We talked for about 20 mins.

They gave me the same old, doom-and-gloom speech then I gave her my, man, you gotta live for today. Then it got fun!

I've gotta run now, I'll update later. Just wanted you'se guys to know that I had a great time telling her, step back and objectively view what you're reading. Again, live for your today vs. someone else's tomorrow!

• fokyc
    fokyc

Yes , we were really excited about our first visit for 35 years in 1993, then the Elder opened up as to why they really came. "Now I expect you have wondered why we don't ask you to read at the Book Study", "No", " Well we'll tell you anyway, you can't read because you don't go out on the service".

They have never been back and I've never been on the service or to any meetings since, don't they make friends easily?

fokyc

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the right point to make because the JWs talk about the future, the end is always so near they say, and they ignore the problems of the present "don't worry the new system will come soon and solve them." But it doesn't arrive and the problems remain.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

My wife told them, "go pound sand." I had to open the door and call them back. I was really excited! We talked for about 20 mins.

Bwhahahahaaa! Your wife sounds just like me Ripley! Hubby recently got a phone call from the visiting CO, I wanted to erase the call and not let him know about it, awe shucks gosh darn couldn't do it. So he ends up exchanging calls with the guy...... I was really pissed that a family member who is an Elder gave the CO our contact info! Spiritual warfare has not messed with me yet....go pound sand!

LOL "it's been what 9 or 10 years since we've last talked" was the start of the phone recording. Yeah he's really concerned about hubby's spiritual wellfair, blows!

Love it..."go pound sand"!!!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Again, live for your today vs. someone else's tomorrow!

Thats a good axiom

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

My wife... those crazy Catholics! She has a definitive black spot in her heart for Cults. We've lost two friends to some really creepy ones in Colorado. I have to believe that she and her crony went back to their car and had a grand discussion about what a shame it is that I'm no longer a sheep in the Borg and that our big house, nice cars, happy kids, loving family is all for naught as we'll soon be whacked by the Hand of Jehobie. ...or maybe I'm just vain and they just didn't say anything about anything. Maybe they'll come back. Maybe even bring a Big-Dog elder. I know that sounds koo-koo but you know I enjoyed asking them questions and watching them get all bunged up then I'd lighten the mood a little then ask them some more about, after reading that website on another post about "After Armageddon", how it's all gonna work. I got the patent answer, "Jehobie will work it out." Oh yeah, I asked, was she happy. I mean really happy about being herself. She hesitated then said, of course. I said, I'm not sure you know what happy is. The Borg doesn't condone happy. She told me that the Borg has changed a lot in the last 20 years. *Baby cries* I bid them farewell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit