Strange Experiences

by Jerohobobonadad 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

Hello all I hope you are well.

I've had very strange experiences recently.

I've had discussions with a few friends, who i would never have thought would say anything against da troof, who agree with all i've said about the inaccuracies of the org and said things i hadn't realised.

I've had discussions with one of my siblings and they said they didn't believe any of the WTBTS teachings, then later that week had discussions with my parents with sibling present, where sibling has sided with parents and disagreed with everything i've said, even though they agreed a few days before.

I've had discussions with a friend, who hasn't been to meetings for ages, say how disappointed they were with some of our friends who have stopped going to meetings. The friend could only talk about when the big A would come - why don't they go back to the org then?

I have learnt recently to never be amazed by the ability for rational humans to state beliefs in private, yet publicly say the absolute opposite.

I feel as though I'm on the outside looking in when I talk to these people. I just cannot understand how people can hold such conflicting thoughts, yet still rationalise them in their own minds. I feel like I am talking to brainwashed people.

I really hope my siblings and friends can wake up from this stupor.

Does anyone else feel like this?

• ladybug25
    ladybug25

Well, it does makes sense. I've always questions the beliefs, and on a few occasions I expressed my questions. You are taught not to question the organization. They instill a fear in you to question the beliefs, to ask questions or express your concerns. I remember when I was 15 years old, I met a man in early morning service who started talking about some of the organizations history. Of course, we quickly departed but that left me, a curious teenager, left to wonder what he was talking about. So I started asking questions and was told by the pioneer "don't ever listen to the apostates... don't questions the organization because that means I am questions Jehovah". So, I imagine a lot of people do agree and might even express their questions but then, because of the fear we learn at such a young age, we take it back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit