My baby moved out today.......I'm so sad!

by lv4fer 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

My baby moved out today. She is 18 and moving back to the Fresno, CA area. We moved to Las Vegas about 3 years ago and she is moving back to be with some of her friends and to go to College. She is my youngest and my house will seem so empty without her. I will miss her so. I know it is not that far away only 6 and 1/2 hour drive but still it is so hard. I always thought I would look forward to the day it would be just me and my husband but it is really bittersweet. When she was leaving she gave me and my husband both a hug and everyone was crying and she said why does this have to be so emotional?! I will be back to visit. My husband and I know that too but still it is so hard to see your children grow up and leave, but that is what the goal is.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wifey and I lost our 'empty nest' to three grandchilden two years back. Bittersweet for us too - we would love some time alone and with a glass of wine. I can loan 'em to ya' for a few months on trial. LOL

We wouldn't trade 'em, but I think it is good to have time alone with your life partner at this stage. Enjoy - if standard holds true - she'll be back....

Jeff

• mouthy
    mouthy

So sorry your sad. But remember my love I too had an empty nest when all mine married-- then Alan died at 46 Melanie died at 42. Annmarie wont speak to me cos I am an Apostate ---So both of you sit down & thank God - she is 6 hours away (((((HUG)))

Just wanted to turn your sadness in to joy!!!!!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Lv4fer- ((((hugs)))) I live knowing one day I will be there too. You're a good mama. I can tell. She was crying when she left, not squeeling the car tires to leave faster!

Get in that kitchen and bake her favorite treat! Maybe you can get to be her first "delivery" at her new place! Won't she be surprised! Just a thought. I tried to do that a few special people. It's so hard to move away and only get bills and flyers in the mail.

Mouthy- I am so sorry. We are so glad you are here for us and we for you.

Kitten Whiskers

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

(((Lv4fer))) You're living what I'm dreading.

My 14-year-old daughter/best friend is, without a doubt, moving to New York as soon as she's old enough. It's something I just can't let myself think about, because I fall apart every time I do.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I always thought I would look forward to the day it would be just me and my husband but it is really bittersweet.

I remember back in 2002 when I first had to deal with an empty nest. It was hard. It takes about six months of evolving to begin to put in better perspective. You'll adjust with time, I promise you will.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    I remember back in 2002 when I first had to deal with an empty nest. It was hard. It takes about six months of evolving to begin to put in better perspective. You'll adjust with time, I promise you will.

You know what scares me now is I'm afraid I won't adjust with time. My daughter is the one person I talk to about everything. The weeks when she's not with me (I share joint custody with her da) feel so much emptier than when she's here. It gets to be Friday night and I don't even care that I have a weekend off work. All I care about is that when the weekend is over, I get to have her back on Monday. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do with myself when she's gone.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hemp, my daughter was about to turn 21 and she and her four year old son lived with me. She had always lived with me. I awoke one morning to find a note and dried roses. She had run off with a guy she met on AOL. We had no idea this was going to happen. For nearly a week I didn't know where she was. He was in the Navy and he moved them to Hawaii. I was so grief stricken, I think it was worse than my brother dying. I had been having pain under my breast bone for a year that went misdiagnosed. I ended up in the hospital in critical condition with pancreatitis, two surgeries within five days and e-coli in my kidneys. That is what grief can do to you.

That was in 2000. After six months I began to think that if she was happy, I could live with it. Now I've chosen to take that son, who is ten now and his brother who is five, in to live with me. My daughter is moving to my city. She's getting a divorce. I ended up in Hawaii with them for nine months in 2001 and 2002. You never know how things will evolve. How they will change and end up.

It could be you probably have a lot of anxiety due to the joint custody issue. I can tell you that getting some books on cognitive therapy will help you look at things differently now, so that you have better perspective when she leaves. Sometimes, just looking at things a bit differently can make all the difference in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit