Odd announcements for disfellowshipping

by Jerohobobonadad 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

I've not heard a great deal of DF announcements to be fair, but I remember when I was about 9 or 10, I was visiting a friend during the summer vacation. At the midweek meeting, his elder dad got up to give an announcement. He began by mentioning a large plant, from the cities botanical gardens that had made the news, that flowered once every 50 years. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it went along the lines of "we all look forward to seeing that plant bloom again in 50 years time in the new system of things, but we must understand that some of us won't be around to see it then. It is with saddness that we announce that sis X has been disfellowshipped." Queue gasps from the audience.

I am not making this up.

The rest of the DF announcements I have heard have been pretty straight - "X has been disfellowshipped".

Anyone heard anything similar?

Regards

J

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

That's terrible! Not only was that cruel to the lady in question, but also to any friends and family in attendance. Nothing like stomping on a person when they're already down.

I don't think I've heard anything even close to that... just your usual- so and so has been disfellowshipped... before the change to what they announce now.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What a ridiculous and cruel way to make such a serious announcement. The elder should have been counselled by his fellow elders.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

The "first" time I was anounced, it was plain. But everyone gasped, and this 10 year old girl turned around and staired at me, and wouldnt quit! So I said turn around, and stuck my tongue out at her. Ok, childish I know, but I couldnt resist!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I don't remember if it was a DFing or a reproof, but a brother told me that in a congregation he was in, these two young people, a boy and a girl, were announced. It was the grandfather of one of the two that made the announcement. Let's say they were reproved. Here's what the elder said:

"A judicial committee has reproved John Jones and Susie Smith. They only did it one time."

I think these are the reasons the WTS completely controls what is said now!

S4

• Gill
    Gill

OMG! What a bunch of dumb asses! Cruel and nasty dumbasses too!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What a bunch of whackos. Im glad they are out of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit