Was you like this when you was a little child?

by skyking 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skyking
    skyking

3 min long video watch and see if you can remember back as a little child, could you of made your parents happy?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8136172464983968081&q=%22Obsession+the+movie%22&hl=en

• PeachRose
    PeachRose

This video is so sad-but I guess brain washing begins at a young age.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I wish I could translate that myself instead of waiting for someone else to...but really if this is truly how that lil childs words are translated.... I am ill. that poor lil baby. So young to have such crap filled into her head. Heartbreaking.

And to think that is how I was as a kid. All Jw's will live and all else die.

embarrassing.

• restrangled
    restrangled

If that video is a true, it is terribly sad, and does remind me of myself as a small child repeating what I learned as a witness.

I remember in the 4th grade fighting with my Science teacher in front of the class about the age of the planet.

He was teaching that the earth was so and so years old, and in my naivety announced, OH NO, the earth is only 6 thousand years old. He told me to bring back proof the next day.

I returned home to my mom, so proud of my stand and she said, "I never told you that!" She wouldn't help me, so I dug out every book we had at home and of course couldnt' prove it. I had to stand up in class the next day and apologize to the teacher.

It was a lesson in humility I was to learn many times over.

R.

• skyking
    skyking

My wife watched the movies and said, that might as well have been her at that age.

How sad the brainwashing of the world.

• earthtone
    earthtone

How sad! But this is exactly how JW's think and I never thought of it. They think they are right and true and everyone else is wrong and will die. And deserve to die if they arent a JW. So self-righteous!

I felt a little ashame at my old self.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Isn't she the cutest little bazooka toten baby whacko you ever saw? Allahlallah be praised for such a true young, islamic girl. I wonder if she can count her time for talking on the television? Would a return visit entail a car bomb? Parents just keep whoring thier children to the God of thier war mongering elders.

God is great. People are shit. ...No, wait, reverse that and apply it to both.

W.Once

• magoo
    magoo

.........it is so amazing to me, that over the life of mankind.....how many wars have been waged in the name of a god

i don't think that "if there" was a god that created man, it would want it's creations going around fighting wars in it's name, much less teaching your children to hate other human beings......."it's creations"

magoo

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

...sad...sickening...

If you're wondering where the pigs and apes idea comes from here is a little blog I found on it:

Jews are NOT apes and pigs

posted by Aziz Poonawalla at 10:27 AM permalink I was unsurprised to read in NRO's The Corner the entry by Kathryn Jean-Lopez about the MEMRI "analysis" which purports to demonstrate that the Qur'an calls Jews "apes and pigs".

The verse she is referring to is 5:60 - while I do not deny that the verse has been deliberately misused to justify calling Jews "apes and pigs" - it has nothing to do with Jews. This is a group of ayats that are a kind of dialouge. It is confusing to follow but here is the general gist:

5:57 - (addressing Muslims) - do not choose as *guardians* (actual word
    used) those people who follow earlier Revelations but not Islam (ie, Jews
    and Christians), and people who are outright disbelievers (in Allah). The
    issue of Guardian goes back to 5:55, which has an extensive history in and
    of itself, as relates to Ali.

5:58 - Some ignorant Jews and Christians mock you (as a muslim) and your
    Azaan (call to prayer) because they do not understand what you are doing
    (they do not see it as a form of worship). This should not dissuade you from
    doing your actions (duties to Allah).

(personal comment: I have been ridiculed while praying in parking lots. My
    wife and I used to go to movies before Baby arrived, and sometimes the
    only time we could catch a show was right around sunset. So we would do our
    obligatory prayers in the parking lot. To be honest, we are reluctant to do that
    nowadays, but this verse demands that we persevere despite that paranoia)

5:59 - addressing Jews and Christians - "is the only reason you hate us
    (Muslims) because we believe in Allah, and the revelations that came before
    (which you also believe in)? Is this because most of you do not follow your
    own scriptures as well as we follow them (the same scriptures) ?

at this point the Muslim understands that they are inheritors to the same
    scriptures that Jews and Christians follow. However, they are a target of
    ridicule by some in these groups for adherence to these scriptures.

5:60 - addressing Muslims again - Do you want to know who is worse (than
    such ignorant Jews and Christians. Note, not ALL, see 5:58)? Those who are
    worse are those who Allah has cursed, had wrath upon, had damned to be apes
    and swine.. etc . these are far, far worse than Jews or Christians (who mock
    the azaan, etc.)

5:61 - The group that is discussed in 5:60 is here revealed to be those who
    say (on the surface) I believe in Allah but who actually do not, and seek to
    cause dissent and turmoil within the community of believers.

Clearly, the average Jew or Christian who follows their own scriptures, or
    who at least does not ridicule Muslim belief, is clearly not the target of
    5:59, let alone 5:60.

5:61 is taken by Sunnis to be generally aimed at evil people. Shi'a consider
    it aimed at very specific groups of Muslims who subverted the Prophet's
    wishes, especially against Ali. This entire section has very little to do
    with Jews and Christians per se and has everything to do with the internal
    struggles of the followers of the religion against the Hypocrites. These
    Hypocrites were a significant threat to Islam at the outset, and saw the
    best way to destroy it by trojaning it and working at cross purposes from
    within.

Verse 4:91 also has been used by detractors of Islam and by politically-motivated psychotics like OBL. It is commonly represented as enjoining the believer to "kill all the infidels".

But for a full contextual understanding, it is necessary to read 4:88 onwards to 4:91. Also note that 4:91 has been short-quoted by critics, the full verse is:

"Ye will find others who desire that they should have security from you, and
    security from their own folk. So often as they are returned to hostility
    they are plunged therein. If they keep not aloof from you nor offer you
    peace nor hold their hands, then take them and kill them wherever ye find
    them. Against such We have given you clear warrant."

This is clearly referring to people who keep attacking you, in which case you are
    justified in waging war out of defense.

Verse 4:91 itself has no justification for global war against infidels, it is self-contained in discussing other groups who just wont leave you alone. But the entire thread from 4:88 up to 4:91 is worth reading for even more subtlety.

I also sent this explanation to NRO editor John Derbyshire,whom I consider honorable in distinguishing the misuses of Islam by evil people like OBL from the inherent message of Islam itself. MEMRI and Mrs. Lopez have failed to make such a distinction.

UPDATE: Mr. Derbyshire wrote back:

I shall certainly do my best, Aziz. It is shameful that honest Muslims have
    to keep explaining their way out of these insults. Most of the shame
    belongs to extremists like OBL, but some is shared by my colleagues at NR,
    and I shall do my best to speak up for the other side.

Best wishes,

John Derbyshire

<< Home blogger

~Merry

• skyking
    skyking

Christians do the same thing they twist their scriptures to justify hate like the parents of the little girl in the video. Thanks Merry I was raised to think all that was not JW was only dirt, living a life of the living dead. We must have love for all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit