The new doomsday mag

by Jonathan Drake 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

So I just took a look at this and here is the dilemma:

where does the bible say that the world will be so literally destroyed like that?

1. I believe one may think of the verse in Zechariah or Zephaniah about the dead to your right and left- however was regarding Jerusalem.

2. Peter speaks of a new heavens and earth where the elements being intensely hot will melt. But when you look up the Greek words in use you see he was very likely meaning the elements of what this world is build on (so greed, corruption, money, power- whatever you can think of that allows the world to go on being rough, also these are plausible examples- I'm not saying this IS what he meant specifically, only that it isn't a literal tangible thing that is melting).

3. In revelation when the dragon is finally thrown into the fire there is a distinct missing party. The false prophet is there, the harlot is there, the dragon is now there and death soon follows.... But no beast? The beast which represents the nations of earth is not thrown into the fire....

- -

this is what popped into my mind. I'm curious of anyone else has wondered the same thing or noticed how the bible, when talking about this war at the end, doesn't actually seem to say anything about the physical world being obliterated- it's just a spirit creature war in which the elements of evil are destroyed followed by a judging of the people.

• All for show
    All for show
    Did you notice in the second article... The bottom has a grey box entitled, " doomsday prophets" Seems they may have been taking a peek over here!
  • steve2
    steve2

My screen doesn't show which magazine you are refering to....?

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

I hate doing this, but I'll link it.. Ugh lol

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20150501/

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Just looked at it on line... Same old message, typical WTS fare, but nowadays written in such short jerky sentences. Are you sure that the link is not to the "simplified version"?
  • pronomono
    pronomono
    I glanced over the pictures. My first thought? Jehovah will destroy those ruining the earth. Looks like he ruined the earth pretty good in those pictures.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

• pronomono6 hours ago
      I glanced over the pictures. My first thought? Jehovah will destroy those ruining the earth. Looks like he ruined the earth pretty good in those pictures.

This is is such a good point. I will use this as well.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Contrast picture on page 3 with heading on page 4 -

"3. THE END IS NOT TRIGGERED BY HUMANS OR
    BY DEBRIS HURTLING THROUGH SPACE."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit