House of Spiritual Stuff

by Moomin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Moomin
    Moomin

Last month, my husband and I went on holiday with my family and stayed in a big house in the Norfolk countryside.

The couple who owned the house couldn't afford the upkeep but didn't want to sell. They made one of the barns habitable for themselves and then rented the house out for holidays.

A lot of their belongings were still kept in the house. I noticed that they were into their spiritism. There were so many books on ghosts, satanism and witchcraft, ornaments and pictures too.

There were many statues outside the building and the one at the front door was of the devil doing something rude with a young woman.

It made me wonder what a jw would do if they found their holiday home full of those things. Do you think they would have to leave?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes i think they would leave. they'd be far too frightened to stay. you know how superstitious they are. although the statue does sound rather strange and kinky!

p.s. think u might have to give me the address!

• Mary
    Mary
    It made me wonder what a jw would do if they found their holiday home full of those things. Do you think they would have to leave?

Are you kidding? They'd be gone quicker than this guy:

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I think they'd be out of there in seconds. They would be far too frightened to stay around stuff like that.

• lawrence
    lawrence

If they could get their deposit back, they probably would leave; if not, they would "fight darkness in wicked places" by playing Kingdumb songs 7/24, put Watchtowers under every door, KMs on every wall, Bibles in every room, tracts taped to the windows, and they would write a letter to the WTS, "Dear Brothers, what should we do?" They would promise to put an extra 2 shillings in the contribution box for WWW if they made it out without a dark experience. Then again, who is dark? The WTS is more demonized than the Satanists. Now, isn't that a comedy!

• luna2
    luna2

There are probably a good number of non-dubs who would be uncomfortable with some of that stuff. (I'm thinking of my parents)....especially naughty statues.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Makes me wonder what retal market they are going for. I don't think a lot of people would want to stay it a place like that. I would wonder what they were up to.

• delilah
    delilah

LMAO @ Mary...........meep, meep......that would DEFINITELY be my mom....GONE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit