What if? Works and no faith?

by JWdaughter 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was wondering, as I see all you under-the-radar-apostates-at-heart who still go along as JW's what the WT and elders would say about a person who didn't say anything about the org, went along with it, was a publisher, did the studies, went to the meetings, and did all they are 'supposed to do', but didn't buy a word of it? For the same reason that many of you do, without speaking out about it, just keeping all the doubts, anger etc INSIDE. Would you be saved at armageddon in their view? Is it about works or faith? Does faith matter if you do the stuff right?

• under_believer
    under_believer

Nope, we'll get brutally butchered, by their ancient tribal war god. Our eyes and "fleshy parts" will eaten by birds, and our bones will be interred in mass graves, just like the rest of the wicked ones who dared to stand against YHWH.
    It's faith AND works. You can't have just faith, or just works--you'll be murdered by God.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

1 timothy 5:8 - Certianly if anyone does not provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his househol, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith.

• sspo
    sspo

Right now, too deep for me, stopped arguing about the bible and trying to figure things out.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I was just wondering if belief really matters to anyone, so long as they do and say the right things-party line. In the LDS church, they regularly have 'testimony' meetings where they state their faith. It is also something that missionaries do and it happens in other less formal ways. JWs are more into "The org. explains it like this; As Jehovah's Witnesses we believe this, or don't do that. The Bible says (in this 1/2 sentence, totally out of context-unsaid) this or that. Are they ever really required to say "I believe"?

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

For myself, belief and faith are my big stumbling blocks.

But I'm told that "Jehovah knows your heart" and if he knows that, like Mulder, I *want* to believe, I'll be safe. Right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit