Son moved in to college / mom feeling the blues

by flag 8 Replies latest jw friends

• flag
    flag

Ok, it is time to salute the "flag".

Actually I need a little bit of your support and or suggestions.

My son moved in to college (sdsu) this past weekend and although i'm very proud of him I'm starting to miss him.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Its called the empty nest syndrome, it sucks. You might have to get a hobby or find a way to occupy yourself. I think I bought a Harley when my son joined the navy.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Congrats to you and your son flag. College is a milestone.

Dismembered

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Awesome School!

It is so worth it. He's going to be much smarter and better for it. My parents were torn when I left but they loved hearing about my adventures too.

• LDH
    LDH

Dear Flag,

Good for your son, you must be a proud mamma. My daughter is a senior this year, and I was already getting melancholy thinking of missing her. She surprised me and said she will be going to CSUF. SDSU was an option, but she hates palm trees, LOL.

You know what's amazing, for all these years you have someone to nuture and all you can think about is SWEET freedom, and then it comes and it's not as sweet as you thought. Those little boogers are exciting, and especially if their friends are always around.

You did good mamma.

Lisa

• flag
    flag

Thank you all for your replies!!!

My nest is not so empty yet, I still have one more son (he is a senior this year).

I know is hard but, I'll get over.

I think is a normal stage.

Your right LDH those buggers fill the house with joy (specially when is football & basketball season).

• LDH
    LDH
    (specially when is football & basketball season

My daughter marches with her high school band...West coast percussion champions WBA last year....she is the drumline captain....this is my favorite time of year.

You should go to a few games, you will feel good even if a little sad. Volunteer at the school. Maybe sign up to do reading time at the local kindegarten....

I'm glad my 4 year old started kindegarten this year, I get to start all over again. Motherhood is wonderful. A Highschool senior and a Kinder....across the street from each other. If I survive I will write a memoir....LOL.

• lowden
    lowden

Flag

My kids were taken from me 8 yrs ago when their mother left and so i felt the emptiness way back then. My eldest is 19 soon and goes to university in September and although he doesn't live with me, still comes around.

I'll miss him dearly but it's all part of that weird pain/pleasure thing that we as parents willingly take part in.

Peace and a calm heart to ya

Lowden

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi flag,

I'm in a similar situation and posted awhile back. I got some suggestions: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/113379/1.ashx

I know it passes, but it's definitely one of the low points of the last decade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit