I Love This Time of Year!

by roybatty 2 Replies latest social physical

• roybatty
    roybatty

I know that there are a lot of NFL football fans year and I'm looking forward to another year of the Bears beating up on the ol' Packers but even more exciting to me is watching my son play high school football. Any other proud parents here doing the Friday night thing?

This past Friday was especially exciting. My son's team played the number two ranked team in the state, a team they haven't beaten in a long time. A team that beat them 48 to zip last year. On top of it, it was an away game. Earlier in the week, their opponets were so cocky they were heard on the radio saying that this was basically a "warm up game for them." I have to say, driving down to the game I thinking what to say to my son in order to encourage him because I was expecting another beating. Him and his team have gotten better but the team they were going up against was a football factory. I think they assemble super players from the parts of lesser ones.

My son and his teammates have been working there butts off during the off season and it paid off. They beat the crap out those guys! Un-freakin-believeable! It wasn't a fluke or a last-minute-hail-mary-pass. They took the ball and rammed it down their throats play after play. And after the game they showed a lot of class. Instead of going to the 50-yard line and celibrating (something the other team does) they did the "good game" handshake and followed their coach to the end zone.

Yeah, I know it's just high school football but this will be something that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Anyway, just wanted to share a proud parents moment.

• Purza
    Purza

I don't have a son in high school, but a friend of mine does and it is a lot of fun to attend games. We don't have lights at our school so we have to go on Saturday afternoons.

Best of luck to your son this year!

Purza

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I love this time of year too. It's great bike riding weather especially the early morning hours, cool, brisk air makes riding and working up a sweat a pleasure!

My son and his teammates have been working there butts off during the off season and it paid off. They beat the crap out those guys! Un-freakin-believeable! It wasn't a fluke or a last-minute-hail-mary-pass. They took the ball and rammed it down their throats play after play. And after the game they showed a lot of class. Instead of going to the 50-yard line and celibrating (something the other team does) they did the "good game" handshake and followed their coach to the end zone.
    Yeah, I know it's just high school football but this will be something that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Sure goes to show you (WTS) that sports can and does teach youngsters many valuable things like working hard pays off and how to show sportsmanship.

You should be a very proud Dad indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit