Now are you different?

by reneeisorym 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

You all know how it is to be different after having been a JW.

So.. now, are you different than people around you? I am in the Bible belt so most everyone is a Christian here. I am a Baptist like most others here.

Are you different now? If you are agnostic, are most others in your area agnostic too?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm a Christian like most others in this area.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Same here.

They are really nice and never mention that I used to diss their beliefs while standing on their doorsteps.

Freedom is great.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I've gone the other way, so to speak, after leaving the jws, and am now an atheist.

I guess I've had more than enough of any kind of religious belief for this lifetime.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thankfully, I'm now free of all that Bible constraint. I'd call myself an agnostic - but I'm leaning heavily to atheism. However, I'm spiritual nonetheless.

Ian

• acadian
    acadian

Beliefs = very differant. The way I look = yes, kinda look'en like my avatar. I'm not like anybody around here, I'd stand out in a crowd, except I'm short... lol

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I think as far back as I can recall I always felt different -- even among JWs.

Only a bit less painfully so as time goes by (play it again, Sam ).

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Didier (((((((((((manly hugs))))))))))),

I think as far back as I can recall I always felt different -- even among JWs.

That hit a chord with me. From a very early age I was always a loner (and sometimes lonely), making my beloved mother once say:

"You're a strange lad, Ian!" 'Strange' referring to my being a loner and not doing what "normal" kids did, as opposed to being a nutter!

Love to you, my dear friend.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit