History Channel

by Sasha 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sasha
    Sasha

Any one out there watch Sunday night's EXODUS? 2 hours chock full about proof of the Exodus. Excellent!

• heathen
    heathen

Is that the one where they found the chariot wheels and axels at the bottom of the Red sea ? I just love those shows that depict the biblical area with all sorts of new technology to show what they were doing . There's one about how the jews conquered the holy land as well with a computerized lay of the land that shows the accounts are factual . Very interesting stuff.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

here is the blurb about it on the website...

it replays thursday, friday and saturday this week.. i watched it and enjoyed it.

The story of the Exodus invokes an epic tale--Pharaohs and Israelites, plagues and miracles, splitting of the sea and drowning of an army, and Moses. It's at the heart of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. After much research--working with archaeologists, Egyptologists, geologists, and theologians--filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici concluded that the Exodus took place hundreds of years earlier than thought. With a new timetable, Jacobovici reexamined artifacts and discovered that the traditional consensus on the date was reached without reference to Judaic texts that record the oral traditions. When Jacobovici consulted these texts, they revealed names of people and places unknown to researchers until recently when extensive excavations in the Nile Delta took place. Teaming up with special effects designers, he created a unique digital experience of the Exodus. Blending archaeological findings with eye-catching effects, Jacobovici creates a virtual museum to showcase his discoveries.

• headmath
    headmath

Man oh man those chariot wheels and axles. I suppose that they had a Napa autoparts back then huh??

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I watched it..... great stuff. Did you also see the show about books banned from the bible..... that was fascinating too.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I bet they could make a pretty penny selling off those wheels and axels. If I recall my medieval history correctly, the Catholic church did very well selling off about a gazillion relics of the cross. It's amazing what people are willing to buy (in every sense of the word).

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The history channel also plays Hogans Heros. Its name is misleading. The show was a theatrical production in the style of the Davinci Code. The cretor was not a scholar nor scientist of any kind, he's a movie maker by profession and was seeking to entertain while yet endorsing the antiquity of his Jewish heritage that is being threatened by genuine scholarship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit