How to be well treated after leaving JWs

by barry 5 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

My Dad a lay preacher in the SDA church is staying here in Canberra and has some idears about how to be well treated by the Elders of the JWs. A member from the Nowra church and the pastor came to my Dads church for services and they went to my Dads house for lunch. It turned out the member from Nowra was a former JW member.

My father got talking to this member about his experiances with the JWs and he was disfellowshiped and had been treated badly as so many here have.

When the JW elders heard this ex JW was going to be Baptized in the SDA church and the JW elders heard about it their attitude began to change and they wanted him back in the Kingdom Hall, no shunning, no disiplinary action.

The ex JW then put the elders in their place and told them in no uncertain terms that there would be no possibility of him rejoining the JWs

When I heard the story I thought thats the answer because its only when JW ex members have no friends or relatives that will even talk to they feel they are in charge but when someone asserts themselves and joins a new community the JWs now their power is lost.

• barry
    barry

Am I on to something here? Would it have worked in youre situation?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt it would work for me barry. About 20 years ago, a guy left our congregation and, eventually, joined the SDA's himself. He made sure we all knew what he was doing, and how happy he was about it, but he still got shunned, and still does, and he's still an SDA. Once you leave the jws around her, as far as most of them are conxerned, you're dead, and they don't speak to you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I suspect it was only a temporary reprieve, while they tried to court him back. Anything longer would have been a localised abheration to the usual policy. It occurs, but is unusual.

• kid-A
    kid-A

When the JW elders heard this ex JW was going to be Baptized in the SDA church and the JW elders heard about it their attitude began to change and they wanted him back in the Kingdom Hall, no shunning, no disiplinary action.

Your chain is being pulled. There is no way this could have happened. Leaving the JWs is one thing, joining another church is considered the ultimate form of apostacy. No way these elders would have risked their own necks by even talking to ex-dub who was about to actively join another church. People have been DF'd for even talking with apostates or possessing apostate materials.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I agree with Kid-a, this is probably a misunderstanding. It's possible he was disfellowshipped for some other matter than Apostacy. If the elders see that a person is no longer practicing the sin they were DF'd for, they will approached and encouraged to return. Of course only the elders could do that legally though others who observe the change, (if its obvious) might join in the campaign of their own volition. This most likely is the situation. The fact that he was joining the SDA's shows he was practicing a form of devotion to God and they must have asssumed he had repented of whatever he was ousted for.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit