Elderly British lady gets in trouble with police over JWs sign

by Euphemism 4 Replies latest social current

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    A woman has been told by police that she must remove a sign on her garden gate that reads "Our dogs are fed on Jehovah's Witnesses" because it is "distressing, offensive and inappropriate".

Jean Grove, a pensioner, has displayed the sign for 32 years. Her late husband, Gordon, put it up after members of the Church banged on their door on Christmas Day 1974.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/07/28/nwitness28.xml

• Odrade
    Odrade

bwahahaha! The ultimate "raw diet." LOL!

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

Hahahahaha! OTFLMAO!! I`d be mad to knocking on my door on Christmas morning!! Now they`re in trouble with the police after what.....? 32 years!!!!! come on!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

That is funny in so many ways. I've done the Christmas Day service, it's a good way to have a door slammed in one's face.

• Purza
    Purza

Diana Sneezum, the chairman of Bursledon parish council, said the police should be concentrating on the bigger problems in the village.

"I find it quite surprising that they are concerned with this.

"We don't have the same responses to what many people feel are more pressing matters in the village, such as vandalism and trouble with yobs."

A spokesman for Hampshire police said: "We were informed by a member of the public who found the sign to be distressing, offensive and inappropriate.

The chairman has it right. Some individuals really need to lighten up.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit