lost_sheep 2.0: i've joined under a new name

by anakolouthos 5 Replies latest jw friends

• anakolouthos
    anakolouthos

Howdy everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that i've chosen a new alias for myself & re-joined the board. I really enjoyed what little posting i did under my first name (lost_sheep), but i kept having problems with every e-mail address i had associated with that name. Plus, i wanted something a little less bland (and, as some of you predicted, i don't feel nearly as lost as i did when i first posted here)... so i picked a nifty-sounding 5-syllable Greek word & got a Googlemail address. :-) I thought it sounded nifty, anyway. Plus, it has the added bonus of being meaningful to me... it's the Greek root of the English word anacoluthon. It means "not following." As in not following all of the Society's dogma. ;-) I recently got ahold of the WTS's Kingdom Interlinear Version, & am trying to learn at least a little New Testament Greek, so i thought a Greek word as an alias would be cool. Anywhooo...

Since i'll no longer be using my lost_sheep account on this board, if the admin wishes to remove it, that would be perfectly fine.

And to those of you whom i've e-mailed, my new (permanent) address for all my undercover "apostate" business will be anakolouthos(AT)googlemail(DOT)com.

Thanks again to everyone who makes JWD such an awesome place. I can't tell you how big of a help it's been to me the past few months. I look forward to getting to know all of you better. :-)

A.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Back ...... nice alternative choice of name.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Like the newname but its ever so hard to pronounce!

• vitty
    vitty

I must mention, that your avatar is very much like Going, Going,Gone........................I hope I dont get confused

• anakolouthos
    anakolouthos

vitty: Thanks for bringing that out... i didn't realize our avatars were similar. I found a new one that i like a lot, don't think anyone else has this fellow & his pet.

Crumpet: Sorry, it is a bit of a tongue-twister. Feel free to abbreviate it, make something funny out of it, or just call me dude. :-P

On to the active topics! Hope everyone is having a fabulous night/day!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Howdy anakolouthos or maybe I should say welcome back!

Thanks for being up front with the old lost_sheep account. If you are interested we could maybe get Simon to merge the two accounts together so you can still keep all your old posts. Let me know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit