Is there corelation? (probably for believers in Christ & Gospel here)

by Shazard 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• Shazard
    Shazard

Is there corelation between prayer for lost JW friend/relative and his/her time until he/she realizes that WT is lie. I see that some of people come out after 20-30-40 yaers... but how long it takes for those who are being backed up by prayers! I am asking just to know if there is pattern... how long I have to pray for my brother? I ofcourse will do it till my last breath if needed, but isn't those who are being prayed for comes faster out?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

As far as I can tell there's no corrulation. The timing is not in our hands. Meanwhile it works out the fruit of patience, which IMHO is a primary lesson. Some prayers may even be answered after you decease, and to some prayers the answer is "no".

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

If your God is loving why would he wait until people pray for someone before helping them, instead of doing so anyway, if it it is his divine wisdom to do so with that particular individual and not others?

But my own view is: If someone leaves the WTS, you can think it happened due to prayer if you like, but more likely it came from their own choices and from what they've seen in life. The reason some people leave after a year and others take 50 years, or never leave, is because it's more random than being prayer related. A graph showing the correlation between hours spent in prayer and the number of years people stay involved for every exjw is going to look like a star chart with dots all over the place.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I ofcourse will do it till my last breath if needed

That's about the nearest correlation you can get. Don't give up

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dunno. But so far every JW (3) my bible Study class has prayed for has escaped the Watchtower cult.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Listening to talk radio the other day, there is a study that indicated seriously ill patients did WORSE if they knew people were praying for them. Those that did not know, but people were praying did just as well as the control group with no prayer at all.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

WLG:
    I wonder if it was a study into the effects of prayer on those openly hostile to religion...

• kid-A
    kid-A

but how long it takes for those who are being backed up by prayers! I am asking just to know if there is pattern... how long I have to pray for my brother?

Backed up by prayers? To which god? Yahweh? Jesus? Zeus? Ra? Poseidon? Thor? Vishnu? Allah? Shiva? Buddha?

In all likelihood, your brother is praying for YOU to become a good JW. So in the end, the only way to resolve the issue is for your god and his god to have a cosmic pissing match to see who can wrestle either of your souls onto their heavenly baseball teams. Bloody hell, its like a Monty Python sketch.

I have heard that Pat Robertson and Jimmy Swaggart will offer "expedited" prayers if you enclose a cheque for $ 19.99 !!! Good night and good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit