Jws 60 minutes letter to Andy Rooney, comments?

by ellderwho 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

My JW mother fowarded this letter to me.
    This is a note and letter from a Brother in Ohio.
    >
    >Nat Pierce
    >
    >
    >Attached Message
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >From:
    >Robert L BALZER

• serendipity
    serendipity

Can you copy the email to notepad and then copy from notepad here?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Can't see anything, ellderwho.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Im trying to format email to paste

sorry

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

This is a note and letter from a Brother in

Witnesses I suggest you visit the

in , the World Headquarters of Jehovah’s

Witnesses in .

>or feel free to write me.

Robert L. Balzer

This is a note and letter from a Brother in

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I was having a weird pasting problem earlier today too. I had to use the PASTE icon on the posting toolbar before it would post for me

• Bookey
    Bookey

[edit]

Boo

• jaynowatyhoodotcom
    jaynowatyhoodotcom

While at it why not send Andy a copy of this:

HELLO, IF YOU EVER HEARD JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES HAVE THE MOST UPRIGHT RELIGION, first note although Christ said “God wants mercy not sacrifice,” JWs are taught to preach against emergency blood transfusion so that around the earth an estimated THREE JWs DIE EVERY SINGLE DAY FROM THIS. (Read David Reed’s Blood On The Altar) Most are older persons but some have been children. Also, 1 Samuel 14:32-35 says Saul's army men ate un-bled meat without punishment as it was an emergency to save life. The men only had build an altar of repentance due to the Mosaic law of that time. Identical twins normally transfuse blood to each other via shared placenta and moms' milk includes white blood cells, an approved arrangement by God Himself.

At Ephesians 4:4 Paul said there's only "one faith" meaning Christianity in general which only later became eastern Roman Catholicism, eastern Orthodox Catholicism, and the numerous branches of Protestantism. Yet JWs, as taught by the Governing Body of their Watchtower Society, to teach the public they are the one and only true church. The Watchtower Society tells elders and grassroots JWs what to teach and do or else be disfellowshipped (harshly shunned / excommunicated). Many churches today allow much local autonomy but the Watchtower Society keeps virtually every bit of control from the top as does Catholicism and to a lesser extent some Protestant churches.

Judges 17:6 says God arranged for everyone in Israel to enjoy great freedom in a confederation of tribes rather than with control enforced from top down, and in fact when the tribes said they wanted human rulers, that is kings as the other nations had, God rightly warned that they would suffer dictatorship. (I Sa 8) The Watchtower Society’s Governing Body calls itself the one most faithful wise slave and Leader over all Christians, but Matthew 10:23 says that role belongs to Jesus Christ. They say theirs is the expression of God’s kingdom come upon earth, but Christ says that the kingdom stays safely in heaven coming into the hearts of those doing God’s will on earth.

Christ and Paul both say that in prayer Christians use Father or Abba (papa/dad) at (Matthew 6:9; Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6) not any formal form of God's name. Also since God told Israel's tribes His name must never be misused many Christians as well as Jews today commonly substitute "Lord" (Adonai in Hebrew) in respect for what God said. So this respectful usage is not a superstition, as the Watchtower Society leaders teach JWs to teach it is, besides which using Father is good for expressing personal closeness.

Every single one of the earliest New Testament manuscripts use Lord (Kurios in Greek) instead of Jehovah. Why? Not only for the reasons just noted, but by substituting a conjectured formal name for Lord (YHWH, Yahweh, Jehovah) in their own group translations of Bible verses, the Watchtower Society and the few other groups doing this are mistranslating, changing the word of God. Hypocritically the Watchtower Society claims it loves and protects children while sending so-called repentant child molesters, serial murderers etc among other JWs who never did and hate such things, preaching door-to-door, which makes any and all usage of any formal form of God's name totally in vain. This is not to attack, persecute or sound negative about the good people who are good in spite of being misled by the Watchtower Society and are stuck in the organization due to disfellowshipping, but to inform and provide a strong but loving defence of them and the public. Please make and share copies of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit