How are JW's leaders going to explain the evil UN and 1914 gen (no more)

by booker-t 4 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I read here the other day that JW's are going to restudy the Revelation book for bookstudy. If they do this how are they going to explain that they were part of the UN for 10 years and for years and years they always taught that the UN was the beast of Rev? This might be a big mistake on their part because if a curious JW starts to look on the internet and discover the UN scandal how will JW's leaders try to explain it away? The library card excuse just don't cut it. Especially the way they denounced the YMCA and the Boyscotts and other organizations that had "Worldly" origins or Church origins.And also when the Revelation book came out in 1988 JW's still believed that the 1914 generation would see Armaggeddon and not die off. Now that is considered "old light" and if a JW's tries to teach that now he would be "DF'd or DA'd for "apostacy. I still can't believe that JW's really believe that the 7 bowels of Revelation were the 1920 assemblies in Ohio. And also that the arrest of J.F. Rutherford and his 7 associates were the bones coming back to life. When Rutherford was released from prison the WT was reactivated or came back to life. It is almost as if JW's will believe the moon is made of cheese if the WT leaders tell them that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

These are interesting thoughts, only people with slavish minds would accept those bizarre applications of Revelations verses on this minor and devious cult and its alcoholic leader that appeared 2000 later.

They contrived these grandiose ideas in order to give themselves an aura importance and validity to glorify themselves, but to the objective listener they have a definite cultic ring about them.

The dubs being in a hypnotic like state will accept even the most absurd ideas (the meat in due season) that the FDS gives them and after all if they don't, they will be thrown out.

• Mary
    Mary

I don't think the UN thing is going to be a big deal, because I don't believe most of the R&F Witnesses even know about it. The generation issue will be harder for them to skim over, but they'll simply say that since the book was written, Jehovah has "revealed New Light" to the goobers down at Headquarters. It wouldn't surprise me if they tried incorporating this into one of the "seven bowls" or "flashes of light" mentioned in Revelation........

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes and have hox wax poured on back rather than to sit through that stupid book again........

• Satanus
    Satanus

Basically, the un joining thing was explained as simply something necesary for axcess to information in the library. The wt also claimed that the un changed the requirements, and as soon as the wt discovered this, they immediately withdrew.

S

• benext
    benext

If they're going back to the Revelation book attendance at the book study will be near non-existant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit