Forgiveness

by anewme 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anewme
    anewme

Forgiveness is both a beginning and an end in the spiritual journey, a theme we return to many times. To forgive we must face the pain and sorrow of our betrayal and disappointment, and discover the movement of heart that opens to forgive in spite of it all. Each of us will find our hearts closed or feel ourselves hostage to the past at times during our journey.

Our process of forgiveness may include speaking out and seeking justice, but in the end it is also a compassionate letting go, for our own sake as much as for others. It is like the meeting of two former prisoners of war: When one asked, "Have you forgiven your captors?" the other replied, "No, never." The first ex-prisoner looked with kindness at his friend and said, "Well, then they still have you in prison, don't they?"

A successful spiritual journey always requires forgiveness--for others, for ourselves, for life itself.
    Without the wise heart of forgiveness we carry the burdens of the past our whole life.
    (How the Heart Grows Wise on the Spiritual Path by Jack Kornfield)

Anewme

• prophecor
    prophecor

I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
    But I knew that it would come
    An old true friend of ours was talkin' on the phone
    She said you found someone
    And I thought of all the bad luck,
    And the struggles we went through
    And how I lost me and you lost you
    What are these voices outside love's open door
    Make us throw off our contentment
    And beg for something more?

I'm learning to live without you now
    But I miss you sometimes
    The more I know, the less I understand
    All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again
    I've been tryin' to get down to the Heart of the Matter
    But my will gets weak
    And my thoughts seem to scatter
    But I think it's about forgiveness
    Forgiveness
    Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

These times are so uncertain
    There's a yearning undefined
    ...People filled with rage
    We all need a little tenderness
    How can love survive in such a graceless age
    The trust and self-assurance that can lead to happiness
    They're the very things we kill, I guess
    Pride and competition cannot fill these empty arms
    And the work I put between us,
    Doesn't keep me warm

I'm learning to live without you now
    But I miss you, Baby
    The more I know, the less I understand
    All the things I thought I figured out, I have to learn again
    But everything changes
    And my friends seem to scatter
    Forgiveness

There are people in your life who've come and gone
    They let you down and hurt your pride
    Better put it all behind you; life goes on
    You keep carrin' that anger, it'll eat you inside

But my will gets weak
    And my thoughts seem to scatter
    Forgiveness

Because the flesh will get weak
    And the ashes will scatter
    So I'm thinkin' about forgiveness
    Forgiveness

• juni
    juni

Good morning anewme. Good to hear from you!

I understand what you're saying. I've read a lot of "self help" books. In all due respect to you, I've found that "talk is cheap". Meaning what I've read in these books and their advice. A person has to sort out what they can best take away from it.

We are human beings w/memories. Part of my healing to get to that point is sharing my experiences and offering a listening ear and comfort to others which makes me feel like I'm atoning for some harm and sadness that I brought to others.

Do you kind of understand what I'm trying to say. You have brought up a good point and I'm happy for you that you have found peace w/yourself. I wish the very best to you, anewme, as I know that you've been through a lot of pain.

Juni

• juni
    juni

Beautiful song, prophecor, by Don Henley.

I've been through that experience and forgave.

This other "matter" is far more reaching - families have been torn apart, people have died and suffered needlessly, people's faith and trust in man and God has been affected. A lot more complex as it touches your spiritual being and the core of your humanity toward others.

Juni

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Forgiveness is both a beginning and an end in the spiritual journey, a theme we return to many times. To forgive we must face the pain and sorrow of our betrayal and disappointment, and discover the movement of heart that opens to forgive in spite of it all. Each of us will find our hearts closed or feel ourselves hostage to the past at times during our journey.

This other "matter" is far more reaching - families have been torn apart, people have died and suffered & needlessly, people's faith and trust in man and God has been affected. A lot more complex as it touches your spiritual being and the core of your humanity toward others.

Juni

If what above over generalises the significance of others situations, it was not meant to be. It was only used metaphorically speaking. I, too, recognise where faith in man, faith in religious institutions, as well as faith in God, in my life has come into question. To so firmly believe the things we were indoctrinated with, to have our very lives mapped out for us with all those craxy blueprints. Paradise, eternal life, peace on Earth and Good Will towards all men, and women. It was the Utopian Dream, become a nightmare over night.

I think, somehow, we are the lucky ones, though. Those who are still taking their seats in the KH, many of those go through out their lives without ever coming to the realisation about the truth regarding the truth. A sad testimony to those of you who have and will continue to loose members of your family to the wave of religious insanity, and for those of you in that position, I really feel for the mental, emotional and spiritual terrorism that that occurs in your lives on a daily basis.

My heart goes out there with all of you.

Arthur

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit