All the money flowing into Brooklyn Bethel.....

by MissBehave 5 Replies latest jw friends

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

But where does it go? On what are they spending it?

Can't be on new kingdom halls, since they "loan" the money to the congregations? Can it really cost $950 million dollars a year to print magazines and books? (I got that figure from an article on the Top 40 NYC corporations which noted that as their revenue). They're certainly not using it charitably! So where is the money? Follow the money......

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Good question. Its not like the governing body wives can use it to live like Imelda Marcos.

Maybe theyre investing it all in the Dow Jones.

• Joe Grundy
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, wouldn't there be emormous property taxes to pay on the real estate in Crooklyn? Do (faux) non profits still pay taxes?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

they do spend their money wisely

Bethel upkeep: about $20,000 per bethelite per year, building upkeep, gas, electricity, phone, medical expenses, vehicles, air fare

they are basically maintainig 3 little cities in NY State.

ink, paper, machines,

away from bethel: non witness lawyers, convention sites, missionaries, traveling overseers,

i am sure their is more but that is what i can think of, i was their for a few years

what is killing them is doctor expenses

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Virgo: no they don't. This is why so many local residents in the DUMBO area are up in arms against them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit