Blood

by radar 6 Replies latest jw friends

• radar
    radar

Having once been a public talks co-ordinator.
    It was a source of bewilderment to me why no public Talks were given on the subject of Blood!
    Of all the Public talk outlines I had to assign to speakers, none were on that subject.
    Now considering that J.Ws are known to the outside world by two things, namely door knocking and refusal of blood tranfusions. It seemed strange that that there was not one Public talk outline on that subject.
    The only time we got a talk on it, was when I invited a local Hospital Liason elder to give a talk in our congregation. But this was not the conventional way to get Public talks.
    This was here in the UK.
    How about elsewhere? Heard any public talks on blood lately?

Radar

• radar
    radar

Hey I am now a junior member!!!!

things are looking up for me Rick<G>

Radar

• ballistic
    ballistic

Quite possibly they didn't like to mention blood or "bring it up" LOL in a "public" talk.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

That is strange,I had never noticed that before.
    Maybe it was because the public talk is when studies and the newly interested would normally attend and they wanted to keep the controversial subjects at a minimum for them?
    Ranchette

• radar
    radar

Ballistic

You are not related to fred hall by any chance? LOL, LOL, LOL.
    give it a rest.

Radar

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This year the WTS sent out some additional public talk outlines. One theme is The Sacredness Of Life and Blood. It’s talk number 135, dated 8/00. Same old stuff.

Look forward to it soon in a Hall near you.

• anglise
    anglise

Maybe it is because someone up on high at Bethel who puts the outlines together, has realised you CANNOT logically and reasonably put the case for refusing the four main components, yet allowing minor fractions and Factor VIII, yet still be able to quote the scripture from Acts "abstain from blood", and yet allow organ transplants. It just doesn't hold together.

Maybe they have realised that they cannot realistically expect newcomers to the Hall, who as yet are not under their mind-control, to believe that God is love, we must love our neighbour as Jesus did, that killing is wrong, yet deliberately refusing life-saving treatment for your child is right. If this were put in an outline, newcomers would only ever visit the Hall once, and would leave pretty quick!!

An individual is only under the control once they have been baptized and been a JW for a few years. Then the reality hits them!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit