Elder visit - follow up

by flag 7 Replies latest jw friends

• flag
    flag

Well, I still haven't met with him yet.

I specifically told him to make an appointment first, and that my husband had to be present.

But, what is he doing? totally the opposite!!!

He hasn't called to make the appointment, last saturday he sent his wife to knock on my door (which i did not answered), and he showed up yesterday afternoon (without calling first).

My oldest son took care of him at the door.

which part of "call before you come" he doesn't understand?

I'm so mad!!!

• mavie
    mavie

Sorry to hear about this. You will have to take a stand on this issue.

When the elders wanted to meet with me alone to discuss my wife's depression and the effect it was having on my meeting attendance, I told them no. I wanted to meet with my wife if we were going to talk with the elders. I had to say this about 6 times on the phone before he agreed.

It's hard to do, but try to stay calm and stay reasonable, even if others aren't.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see why you feel so stressed out, every time he comes in a way that is not convenient to you just turn him away until he finally decides to listen to what you are saying.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

That picture looks just like Playa Revolcadero in Acapulco. More specifically the main pool of the Princess.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The elders do not respect your boundaries. They think they are in control, and that you have no say in the matter. You will have to get very firm. If your husband is not a jw, they do not respect his position...they believe they have more authority than he does...even in your own home.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

The elders do not respect your boundaries. They think they are in control, and that you have no say in the matter. You will have to get very firm. If your husband is not a jw, they do not respect his position...they believe they have more authority than he does...even in your own home.

Coffee

• flag
    flag

MinisterAmos,

That is Ixtapa Zihuatanejo / same state that acapulco.

Top view from the Crystal hotel.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They tried that on me just before I left, calling without making an appointment, and I sent them packing as well. It is, or should be, common courtesy to ring ahead to check if it's convenient to call, but what do most elders know about courtesy anyway? Very little in my experience.

I don't blame you for being annoyed, you have every right to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit