A question about this discussion forum

by Kero-kero 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

Hello everyone

I have a question to ask about this forum. I hope the question does not offend anyone. I do not mean to course offence.

My question is this:

Was the discussion forum started by a JW for JW’s?

I only ask has I looked back on the earliest posts in this forum and the very first post dated 23 rd March 2000 read:

Welcome to the newest Jehovah's Witness discussion forum on the Net.

Please register so that you can post to the forum and turn this into a welcoming place for other brothers and sisters online

I also read a lot of people introducing themselves as JW’s and being happy to feely unity with brothers and sisters.

Which leads me to another question….

Was it then a case of the JW’s, that started this forum, faded and left ‘The Truth’ or is it a case that the forum was gradually taken over by ex-JW’s and those that had faded or were fading?

• spider
    spider

the site owner wrote his story here once:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/66434/1.ashx

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Oooooh, good question. I never thought of going this way back into the posts. Maybe some older members can inform us.

• Kero-kero
    Kero-kero

Thanks for those links Spider.

Wow! that was very interesting. Sounds like the site owner went through some tough times.

I guess that kind of answers my question

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I asked the same thing when I started. I was told that the site started out rather benign. Over time the site evolved and is now the JWD board we see.

I think Blondie or Lady Lee could probably tell you more about it. I know Simon is the brains behind the JWD site. However, it is my understanding, he is living a life now instead of posting threads all day long. Good on you Simon!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Kero-kero for asking that question - it was one I wondered about too - I had gone back and looked at the very first threads I could find, and at that time it looked like Simon was still a witness. But I didn't know where to look or exactly what to do a search for - So thanx Spider for the links to those threads.

Very interesting.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit