Did Jesus "obstruct justice" by taking our punishment for us?

by DavidChristopher 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

What would happen today if a innocent person approached and requested a police officer who was locking up a guilty person, and asked to take their place and punishment? I tried it and the cops, got upset and started acting upset. So I pointed out that was what Jesus did, and I was experimenting imitating Him to see how His actions would be recieved in todays world. They said I was "retarded", I asked if they were authorities on the subject? I later thought...who is really retarded...them for openly worshipping and praising someone who did the same for them...when for real they think the the gesture was retarded and they worship the person doing it. Is it a sham.

any thoughts?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I tried it and the cops, got upset and started acting upset. So I pointed out that was what Jesus did, and I was experimenting imitating Him to see how His actions would be recieved in todays world. They said I was "retarded", I asked if they were authorities on the subject?

Oh my! I was going to ask if you wanted us to send you cookies while in jail, but then it occurred to me you couldn't be in jail because you are posting this. LOL Now who's retarded?

Is it a sham.

Yes grasshopper you learned well.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I think the idea is he restored justice.

But the way I see it we should never have been punished for Adam and Eves fatal mistake if you follow human justice never mind perfect justice from God.

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

If the idea failed...Why is everyone praising the gesture so much? Do people praise failure around here or something? Is that what religon is all about?

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

They asked what if the guy was a murderer or something? I told them it didn't matter as they could not see into the future the man may save billions of people one day, rather they need to be setting him a good example to follow, and if they wouldn't I would!

Who do they think they are? God?

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Basically by their actions...I reached the conclusion they have been praising and making a show of worshipping a "retarded" person "obstructing justice" for 2,000 years. Who's "retarded" now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit