Look at the Heart.

by mdb 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mdb
    mdb

Who knows the heart of men? The Scriptures say that only God knows the hearts of men...

Yhwh

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord [yhwh] looks at the heart.”
    ~ 1 Sam 16:7

Yet regard the prayer of Your servant and his supplication, O Lord [yhwh] my God [elohim], and listen to the cry and the prayer which Your servant is praying before You: ... then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and give to everyone according to all his ways, whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men),
    ~ 2 Ch 6:19,30

I, the Lord [yhwh], search the heart,
    I test the mind,
    Even to give every man according to his ways,
    According to the fruit of his doings
    ~ Jer 17:10

Jesus

But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.
    ~ Jn 2:24,25

“And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write,
    These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: ... I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
    ~ Rev 2:18,23

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I like. One thing you will not find is a Scripture saying the Apostles knew the hearts, or the elders, or the minsterial servants, or the elderettes.

I got your point clearly, though. Amazing how many qualities the OT reserved for God alone are attributed to Jesus in the NT, isn't it?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• corproal
    corproal

AuldSoul,

It is amazing how the witnesses conveniently forget this passage .Yet they call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses.Why not Jesus Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit