tuesday or wedsneday?

by freddi 6 Replies latest jw friends

• freddi
    freddi

Tuesday - (this is when i observed Jesus' last supper) Jesus ate an evening meal with His disciples, at the beginning of Nisan 14, biblical reckoning, and instituted the Nes Covenant's symbols. Matthew 26:26-28) Jesus was then betrayed by Jesus, arrested and during the night brought before the high priest. Wednesday - Jesus was crucified and died around 3p.m. (Matthew 27:46-50) This was the preparation day for the annual, not weekly Sabbath, which bagan at sunset. (Mark 15:42, Luke 23:54, John 19:31) Jesus' body was placed in the tomb just before sunset. (Matthew 27:57-60 Thursday - This was the high day Sabbath, the first day, of Unleavened Bread. (John 19:31, Leviticus 23:4-7) It is described as the day after the "Day of Preparation". (Matthew 27:62) Friday - The high day Sabbath now past, the women bought and prepared spices for annointing Jesus' body before resting on the weekly Sabbath day, which began at Friday sunset. (Mark 18:1, Luke 23:56) Saturday - The women rested on the weekly Sabbath accoeding to the Forth Commandment. (Luke 23:56, Exodus 20:8-11) Jesus rose near sunset, exactly three days and three night after burial, fulfilling the sign of Jonah and authenticating the sign He gave of His Messiahship. Sunday - The women brought the prepared spices early in the morning while it was still dark. (Luke 24:1, John 20:1), finding that Jesus had already risen. (Matthew 28:1-6, Mark 16:2-6, Luke 24:2-3, John 20:1) He did not rise on Sunday morning but near sunset the day before. So apparently, even the j.w.'s don't even commemorate the Lord's Supper on the correct evening. Go figure. They always claim to do things in accordance with the precise timing. So why the memorial on "Wednsday" and not "Tuesday"? Peace and Blessings, Freddi

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Freddi,

The Memorial is scheduled for the night of the first full moon after the vernal equinox. This year that fell on Wednesday.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i find it spooky that his post was #144. I think Freddi is one of the annointed

• freddi
    freddi

Hello Coincidence, I am a she and not a he. thank you. peace and love, freddi p.s. whenever the vernal equinox falls, the day that we should observe the dinner is not on the night of the Passover. They argued that Christ be taken down from the cross and buried so as not to interfere with the Passover, not the regular Sabbath. So Christ, no matter what day of the week Passover falls on, He had His last meal the day before the Feast of Passover.

• freddi
    freddi

coincidence, i feel annointed as you claim me to be not as the w/t claims. to tell the truth, i am a woman who decided to leave the organization on her own. instead of feeling independence to this day, i still feel a sense of guilt because i left. don't know when that is going to leave me. i feel much comfort when i listen to tapes that i purchase from randy of free minds. his tapes and my prayers give me strength to walk out there and not feel like i am an evil spawn when ever i see a former j.w. but i still feel hurt. that is the many yrs of programming. cult, ya see. i shouldn't still feel this way but i do and i know that the w/t is false.l it is the yrs of conditioning. at least, praise God, i know that i am being decieved. may the many leave the organization before it is too late like they used to tell us.

• Carmel
    Carmel

One shouldn't be so self-depricating that they refuse to capitalize the first word of a sentence and the personal singular pronoun. Too much JW in yer blood!

Carmel

• freddi
    freddi

carmel,

i have been a baptized member of a baptist church ever since 2002. i used to be a witness from the time i was 12 til i was 30 yrs old. capitalizing in a simple e mail. why. this is my style. i only give God that honor. i had the hardest time leaving the k.h. so don't try to make me feel any more guilt than what i was made to feel when i left the hall. i still have issues with it. this is a board for those to find friends who left the so called truth and not a board where there are those who are ready to accuse like the organization that i left.

peace freddi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit