Elder's visit

by flag 5 Replies latest jw friends

• flag
    flag

So, I finally had my first elder visit after 3 months!!!

He showed up unannounced on Saturday around 9:30 am but I was still on bed so I did not answered the door.

I thought that he wont come back but to my surprise he showed up again around 10:30 and this time I couldn't get away with not anwering because I had the music on plus my door has a window and he saw me in the living room.

He was by himself, (which is a big NO,No,) when visiting a sister.

He was not very pushy, he said they miss me at the meetings, blah,blah,blah.

You won't believe what was his reasoning to justify that the end was near!

He said "look all the protest going around, when have we seen that before?" "all this is sign that we are in the last days and the clay feet of the image is showing more and more" "pretty soon the image is going to fall down"

I just listened and told him that for the moment I don't have any desire to attend the meetings, maybe I was going to a depression or menopause.

I told him to call next time before coming.

My husband told me to next time tell him to call ahead of time because he wants to be present when he visits.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Flag

He has no business visiting you alone, and uninvited as well as unannounced. My guess is ulterior motives. They don't cease to amaze me. What A--holes they are!

Dismembered

• blondie
    blondie
    look all the protest going around, when have we seen that before

Evidently, he didn't live during the 60's and the 70's.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    Evidently, he didn't live during the 60's and the 70's.

That was rich, Blondie, and probably very true!

Forscher

• James Free
    James Free

If he came into your home knowing you husband was not home he can be removed as an Elder if you make an official complaint. But, send it in to the Bethel, not locally - the local guys will brush it under the carpet unless he is unpopular.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows how gullible and superficial they are, anything that looks a little out of the ordinary it excites them so much they think it's a sure sign that the end is near.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit