Blaming it on this system

by The Lone Ranger 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

How often have I come to the Kingdom hall for more of that great spiritual food and as I would greet others, and ask them “how are you? They would mourn and grown and tell me “Its this system!...Its this sytem..!” they are obviously not happy about something and they blame it on this system.

For a people who are not supposed to be part of this world, they blame their misery on this world.

Some of these would be pioneers who don’t even have a regular job, they just walk around the streets and still they blame it on this system, and when they came to the meeting they are told that they are refreshed, I think the word they are looking for is relieved, relieved that they made it to another meeting and now they can sit down and get it over with and then go home, go to sleep and start it all over again tomorrow, blaming their misery on this system.

• luna2
    luna2

People in general like to moan and groan. Dubs take it to another level. Those that are working part time or not at all so they can pioneer are likely to have money problems, which is always a good thing to complain about. The pioneers also seem to develop a lot of resentments towards those in the congo who don't do as much for Jehohum as they do, so they are carrying that around with them all the time. Any illness or handicap is blamed on Adam and Eve's fruit rebellion, and dubs have a lot of illnesses due to the stress of...well...being dubs. Also, complaining about this "system" and how awful things are is kind of mandatory for JWs...you wouldn't be much of a dub if you were happy in this bad old world, would you?

That "refreshed" thing is so funny, LoneRanger. I never felt like I was renewed, rejuvenated and upbuilt after attending meetings. In fact, it was just the opposite. They were constantly holding up almost impossible goals to strive for and then making you feel like a loser for not being that ideal witnoid (and not really wanting to be that cardboard cutout of perfection either). Those that thought they already were super dubs, would walk around dispensing advice, judging everybody else, and being so smug you wanted to accidently run over them in the parking lot. The refreshing part would be the end of the damned meeting when you could finally escape.

• Clam
    Clam

Yes the JWs in my family tend to be a pretty dour lot in contrast to the rest of us, and certainly look like they’re carrying a lot of weight on their shoulders. They say they’re living in a "spiritual paradise" but have got looks on their faces which remind me of Easter Island statues with razor blades shoved up their bums. This is in contrast to the smiley smiley born agains who seem to keep increasing in numbers. This is just one of many indicators to me that I’ve lost part of my family and I never get to see the real them. In the meantime they slip clichés into any conversation like "worldly", "pagan" "paradise", and they just come across as insincere parrots. To be honest I just wish they were happy in their faith. I was always upbeat for most of my time as a Dub, but I left "at the right time™", and if you stay in for the long haul then I suppose you must end up pretty dispirited.

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

They have to blame this system as to make the misery in the WT look like paradise...

• ballistic
    ballistic

There was an elder who used to remind us at every opportunity that the new system was so close "you can almost reach out and touch it" - I think he was completely brain-washed. The more he repeated this over and over, the more he believed it.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    They say they’re living in a "spiritual paradise" but have got looks on their faces which remind me of Easter Island statues with razor blades shoved up their bums. This is in contrast to the smiley smiley born agains who seem to keep increasing in numbers. Clam

I was a typical depressed dub wallowing in denial, misery and blaming all my screwups on 'this old syteme we live in' just like almost every other dub I have encountered. The exceptions ae the 'Super Dubs' who are whole-souled in their worship of the FDS.

Then... I became one of those smiley smiley born agains and have real peace and joy in serving the Lord instead of being a slave of the Watchtower Society.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My mother walks around as if she is truly carrying 100 pounds on her back. She always is so depressed. It's her "nerves this and that." In the next breath she says she is "more at peace than she's ever been", blah, blah, blah. Yet she has a constant look of constipation on her face. All my sisters and I hear is how close the new system is, and about all these last days. Yep, the SAME shit, different century!!

Want to hear something kinda freaky--the KH she goes to actually has 3 windows!! Yes, I said windows!!!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit