my stupid haircut

by south african beef 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• south african beef
    south african beef

now i'm in my forties and finally free of the witto's, sonething strange has happened. i always used to think that i had a good balanced upbringing in the 'truth'. however now i realise that i didn't. i wasn't allowed to listen to worldy 'pop' or even worse, 'rock' music when i was growing up in the 70's. guess what - now i can't get enough of that kind of music, especially the 70's stuff. the most ridiculous thing though was my haircut - how i longed to have the long hair that everybody in those days had. but no, my mum and dad didn't want me to follow worldy trends so i had to have short back and sides - what a stupid haircut! now i would like to play in a rock band and have wild long hair. problem is my employers would not like it. my point is that my parents thought they were protecting me from satan and it's taken me 30 years to realise they were being brainwashed.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    the most ridiculous thing though was my haircut - how i longed to have the long hair that everybody in those days had. but no, my mum and dad didn't want me to follow worldy trends so i had to have short back and sides - what a stupid haircut!

Reminds me of my first outward act of rebellion when I was about 16... Went and got the stupid haircut... Next day I had a (girl)friend bring her buzz clippers to school (had a really cool tech.art teacher that let us do as we please as long as we were finished with our assignment) So after we were finished with our assignment I had her shave all of my head except the bangs (punk-skater doo)... Went home to recive the punishment, all along touting: "it's above the ears and collar"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit