"Kingdom Hall" Sit-Com ... add a char...

by alliwannadoislive 5 Replies latest jw friends

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

YES - it's friday night - it's peak-viewing time and a brand new sit-com is about to hit the small screen ...

Set in the local Kingdom Hall, all your favourite characters are here - wacky, wonderful, cuddly, humourous and also the nasty ones who (by the end of the half-hour slot) get their come-uppance ...

HOW TO PLAY ...

Take inspiration from your fave classic sit-com and mix it up with some real-life person you have known and loved and maybe not loved at all ...

EG ... Father Jack, from the classic 'Father Ted' - stands at the back of the hall with a mike, ignoring all the eager hands waiting to answer up and instead shouts out 'feck!' and 'arse' ...

awh, go on ... go on ... go on ... go on ...

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

alliwannadoislive - Do you only get Father Ted in Britain? If so the rest of the world is really missing out on something very funny! What about having Father Teds tea lady going up and down the aisle trying to persuade everyone to have a cup of tea
    And how about this for a Theocratic Ministry School Review... Father Ted style....

1. WARM-UP: Who is the fathers' tea lady?
    Mrs Doyle
    Mrs Royle
    Mrs Soyle
    Mandy

2. Which is not a character in Father Ted?
    Dougal
    Mary
    Bishop Brennan
    Graham Lineham

3. What was wrong with Samprass' (Dougals hampster) bike in the first episodeof Series 3?
    Flat tyre
    Bent handle bars
    Wheel misalignment
    Breaks failed

4. What was the name of the quiz show host who stayed with the Fathers?
    Henry Sellers
    Henry Kelly
    Bob Holeness
    Chris Tarrent

5. Complete the title of this following episode: Cigerettes, Alchohol and ______:
    Cake
    Bricks
    Tea
    Rollerblading

6. What do John and Mary run:
    A shop
    A fair
    A bakery
    A pub

7. Complete this Father Jack phrase: I love my _______:
    Drink
    Pledge dust guard
    Brake fluid
    Brick

8. When Father Jack sobered up, he pointed to Father Ted and refered to him as ________:
    Dick-head
    Arse monkey
    Gob shite
    Arse face

9. What's the name of Graham Norton's character?
    Father Noel Edmonds
    Father Noel Furlong
    Father John Bundy
    John

10. How many series of Father Ted were there?

11. Who wrote Father Ted?
    Rob Grant and Doug Naylor
    Henry Beard and John Boswell
    Richard Fegen and Andrew Norriss
    Arthur Mathews and Graham Lineham

12. What was the name of Father Jacks' replacement?
    Father Lack
    Father Stack
    Father Smith
    Father Crowly

13. What was written on the sign Pat Mustard had in his milk float?
    Milkmen do it on your doorstep
    Milkmen do it daily
    Milkmen do it in a pint bottle
    Milkmen do it early in the morning

14. How many records did Dougal have in his collection in A Song for Ireland?

15. Which of the following is not a title of an episode?
    The Mainland
    Chirpy chirpy sheep sheep
    Competition Time
    My Lovely Horse

• TR
    TR

Fred, "Urkel" Hall, mis-handling microphone at the Kingdom hall.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

How 'bout Ned Flanders minding the Lit. Desk...

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

iw - you are a true father ted fan ... i loved the point when he got up in the middle of the night and went into the darkened living room - mrs doyle appeared from behind the door saying 'can i get you a a cup of tea father ? oh go on, go on, go on, go on'

tr - quite an artist ... poor old fred is trying his hardest to encourage us back to the hall with his agape stuff ...

jiggrigger - but ned wouldn't be able to lie about not having received any of the more expensive literature and holding it back only for family and influential elders ... heehee ...

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

alli - you are so right... a true Father Ted fan - every moment is a classic moment!

And how about having Hyacinth Bucket from 'Keeping Up Appearances' as a C.Os wife......

And I would love to hear Seinfeld do a public talk... or Basil Fawlty from Fawlty Towers - now, that would be worth listening to!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit