When commenting about a religion, make sure your titles are right?

by free2beme 2 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

The other day I was in the break room at work, and the topic of strange religions came up. I started talking about "The church of Scientology" and all the weird things they believe with aliens and ancient rulers, etc. Well I was basically right on in their strange stuff, but the whole time was was calling the religion "Christian Scientist" religion, which is a more acceptable and less weird religion. Well, not realizing my mistake in titles, I actually had a person in the room defending Christian Science and I was wondering why they would not admit what was so widely known about their faith and then it dawned on me and I asked, "did I say Christian Science, or Church of Sciencetology?" Which I found out, I titled wrong and had a good laugh. So many titles to keep track of and I swear they name themselves to sound like others sometimes. Just another example though of when commenting about a religion, make sure your titles are right? Anyone else every make a mistake like this?

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

People do that all the time. I heard a very informative report on Christian Science and I actually liked some of the stuff they had to say. The modern forms of the religion don't reject medicine as people would have you believe but now use medicine to compliment prayer. Ideally it is one of those mind over matter things and I like the overall theme that you can acomplish anything, including overcoming illness, if you just put your mind to it. I was telling someone else about what I learned and they were confused with Scientology and they kept wanting to argue.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I did that once. I was also talking about the Church of $cientology but I kept calling them "brain-dead gullible morons".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit