uber dub random meeting and why all the changes to the format here?!

by tiki 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• tiki
    tiki

Ran into an uber-dub known from my history in the org......she had to be very sure I wasn't d'fed or d'aed - merely "inactive" so she could give me a big hug and inform me that she knows i'm coming back to Jehovah because he understands my "hurt" and....blah blah blah.  it struck me how dependent they are on labels.......and how very stupid it is....you can hug me because I don't have the DF label?   would I be a different person if I had that label?  and who really cares about that label - only those who are programmed to.  I watch intervention a lot - and there is a definite parallel between a lot of people who become witnesses or who remain so - the religion becomes their crystal meth, or their vodka, or their heroin......it releases them from the pains of reality past and/or present......it is their escape route.  this particular woman had a very exceedingly difficult past complete with murder and horrific abuse....the healing is superficial though - she is broken and totally dependent on a flighting fancy.......but, we all are different, and I actually see that on some level there are people who actually need the solidarity that religion supposedly brings to them.

Second......I think this new format is confusing.  I liked just to click on active topics and peruse my way through.

Happy New Year to all of you!!!!  

• Angharad
    Angharad
    Active topics is still here! Link is on the very top of the page next to the logo.
  • happy@last
    happy@last

They do like labels, I'm the same me I was before I DA'd however because of the label my family shun me. 

• zebagain
    zebagain
    re trouble logging on etc. I went from Mozilla to internet explorer and landed smoothly ...yay!
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I find that no matter how good we are doing they just can't accept that anyone could actually be happy and moral if they leave the " truth." 

The labels mean everything to them!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

happy@last - "I'm the same me I was before I DA'd however because of the label my family shun me."

Cool; you're your own evil twin. ;)
  • confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

I was wrongfully DF'd 5 years ago and joked about wearing a DF on the front of my clothing, like the letter A in the  Scarlet Letter, because I had been marked for all to know that I was a sinner.  People that I had known since childhood, or my BFF's from the hall, went out of their way to avoid eye contact with me, or not speaking to me but to my husband who was sitting right next to me.  I hated going out in public for fear of running into someone that I knew from the congregation.  

I remember telling my mom (who never stopped speaking to me) that I was still the same person, yet this label somehow defined who I was to those in the cong...someone that was looked upon as a deviant.  I even tried to go back to get reinstated for my husband so his family would invite us to family functions.  Which was so painful that I ended up taking meds for anxiety just to attend meetings.  I might add that when his mom and sisters were DF'd for 15 out of our 25 years of marriage, I never once shunned them nor did not invite them over for dinner because they were disfellowshipped.  Hell, I even went on family vacations with them.  BUT when they came back, one at a time over a 5-7 year period, they all had this new lease on life so by the time I was wrongfully DF'd, they forgot the unconditional love that I showed them and shunned me, cutting me off from any family get togethers.  

With the exception of when my SIL was dying.  I devoted 2-3 nights a week for 4 months, to take care of her so my in-laws could get some sleep, as she was living with them at the time.  The last 3 weeks she was alive, I spent all but 3 nights with her at hospice because I was the one that she had come to trust, not her parents, not her husband, not her siblings...me!  She knew my heart and knew that I was the exact same person that I was before I was labeled.   Sure, the family talked to me, some in the congregation talked to me while I was taking care of my SIL, but once she died, sadly it went back to the way it was.  No more social interaction.  

Labeling is what JW's do.  From being labeled as bad association based on lack of meeting attendance or field service hours, to being over zealous because you are an elder, ms or a pioneer.  Those who skirt the labeling are ones who get their 10 hours in a month,  hit 2/3 of the meetings and read a scripture once in a while.  That is how I lived most of my JW life.  

5 years after being disfellowshipped, and recently filed for divorce from my husband of 25 years, I am a much better person and am thankful, yes thankful, that I was wrongfully df'd.  I do not allow my "label" to define me and I could give 2 shits less about what anyone in the org thinks about me.  I no longer feel sorry for myself, but I feel sorry for them!!  I proudly wear this label now!!  I wish that they could experience the freedom that I have found outside the confines of the religion.  I hate what this religion does to their "followers" and hope that those who are shunned by their families and former JW friends find the freedom that I have found and stop allowing these labels to define who we are.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Second......I think this new format is confusing.

I am still getting to grips with it myself.... I dare say that it will become familiar pretty soon, with use

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Very well put Confuzzlediam.  I am sorry you had to go through this, I am sure it was very painful, but worth it in the long run to gain your freedom. 
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I agree, I think limits need to be on the text for summary or don't have any at all and if ads were not borderlessly put inbetween everything and the right side should be ads only not different links randomly mixed in with ads on related topics, forum, etc.  With maybe some borders.   

I do like inserting pics, like/dislike, etc though.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit