WT Stats Updated - Downward trend continues

by richard 7 Replies latest jw friends

• richard
    richard

For whatever it's worth, the borg's 2005 data have been updated and included in some graphs. It indicates a continuous downward trend.

http://home.zonnet.nl/rsingelenberg/stats-e.htm

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Awesome! Thanks!

WAC

• stillajwexelder
  • A Paduan
  • blondie
    blondie

Thanks, richard, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Blondie

• Shazard
    Shazard

Did you saw this relative growth? I like this 1975 graph... VERY high at 1975, and after that... just like Armageddon... all down down down :)

• proplog2
    proplog2

The relative growth chart is very interesting. The proclaimers book explains the establishment of the "elder arrangement" with these words:

"None of Jehovah's Witnesses had any idea then (1971) that the number of congregations would increase by 156 percent during the next 21 years, reaching a total of 69,558 in 1992. But the head of the congregation, the Lord Jesus Christ, evidently was making preparation for what was to come."

It is apparent that the organizations greatest relative increase was during the post WWII period of 1945-1955. The old congregation government was quite adequate for that task.

This is a clear example of JW's doing something and then believing that there were some invisible strings being pulled.

The elder arrangement was basically a coup detat. A lot of men wanted some control. The result has been mindless rule by committee with no one taking responsiblity for anything. The importance of teaching ability was diluted so they could justify appointing their buddies to "eldership". Those who have been JW's for over 50 years remember when assemblies were at least motivational. Talent has been washed out. Youth has been stunted. It is now a dessicated organization speaking an uninpired and uninspiring message.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Richard,

As stilla has said, "awesome!" or should I say "mooi!"

I especially liked its user-friendliness and speedy response. An excellent resource to be bookmarked in Favorites.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers from downunder, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit