Who would've thought that in ten years..

by jojochan 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jojochan
    jojochan

I would be here speaking my mind as a normal human being. I was thinking about that a second ago and wanted to share that thought. Ten years ago I was confronting a close freind of mine about why he was parting from the collective, of course he had valid reasons to be agnostic at the time. It's just that I was so closed minded about his opinion 'bout it. He also questioned the knowledge of the organization in regards to chosing a persons' own right to have any medical treatment that they wished.

I told him to not run ahead of the org. Don't allow satan to blind you, you're turning into an apostate!I can't believe that I said those words.

But you know, he just smiled as he looked at me. And said,"That's where you and I differ, I'll always accept you; but the real question is... will you still be my close friend now that you finally know my stand as regards to the religion?"

I could'nt answer. It was also the beginning in my search for real truth. His example of remaining cool under pressure stood out in my mind. And now ten years later I look back at that moment and wonder. What would've happened if I took my blinders off, and kept him as a close friend to this day? We both had the same tastes in regards to music recordings and thoughts on life,ect. It just took me 10 years to notice that I lost a good friend because of my foolishness.

jojochan.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

so what are you waiting for jojo?? go find him!!!

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

I know exactly what you mean. I can think of one friend that I had growing up that I ran into a few years ago. He had been out for about 6-7 years and we started hanging out again and had a great time just like we did when we were kids. I ended up totally ignoring him because of an attack of conscience and probably ruined a friendship forever.

Im sure I will be cut off by a few when its obvious that I am not coming back. Its quite the cycle isnt it?

• jojochan
    jojochan

Freedomlover: I know, I actually know his brother and I'm really in the process in getting his phone number again. Who knows were that will go.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

let us know how it goes....I have a feeling you may be pleasantly surprised!

• jojochan
    jojochan

Yeah.. I think so too

jojochan.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Yeah, Jojo, you never know but that the guy that tried to tell you the truth about the troof is already a member of this board... stranger things have happened... to me!

DanTheMan is a poster on here. He and I were dubs together in the same congregation. He tried to tell me some things, but I wouldn't listen. Then years later, we met up again here on JWD. I hope you get to have a happy reunion, too!

Dave

• geevee
    geevee

Totally with you on this one. Go Jojo. I had this huge discussion some years ago with a Bible Study that had been called on by a SDA. This guy was coming at me heavily with library books on archeology showing and proving secular history putting the destruction of jerusalem at 587 BCE. He just wanted me to explain why there was a 20 year difference between secular chronology and WT chronology.
    I was stumped, I bought our best congregational historian/scholar with me next time. He couldn't answer him either. So like a huge ass that I was...[arrogant JW] I said that where secular history is different to Bible chronology, I'll take the Bible, and he should join the SDA's!!
    What an ass. I am sorry, so sorry.
    Hope that he moved on with his life minus the dubs.

• jojochan
    jojochan

AA: Yeah that would be nice. I know that he would be surprised about it, considering how I was back in the day.

Thanks everyone, it's funny as well that right now I would feel the way that I feel. So many questions; I guess that who would've thought that in ten years I would have the nerve to ask....why?

jojochan.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

jojo

My lifelong friend was like a brother to me from age 12 to 47. We were best man for each others weddings, godparents to each others kids. Real close friends, closer than brothers.

I lost that friendship in the past year or so because he became a JW. I wonder if he'll find out the truth in 10 years from now? Then we can be buddies again at the age of 57.

Take care!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit