"Last Days" Special Pioneer conv....

by sf 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

I just received news via yahoovoice chat re: a SPECIAL PIONEER "meeting" that is supposedly secret in nature and restricted to only certain congregations who received a letter with "CHRISTIAN CONG" as letterhead. I'm not clear on if some letters have that as their head and other letters had "WTBTS" on them.

It is said to be held Oct. 7, 2001 at JackMurphy Stadium/ Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, Ca. USA from 10 am-1:30 pm.

These were the only notes I was able to obtain before they figured out it wasn't such a good idea to ANNOUNCE it in a PUBLIC chatroom.

I heard from one other exjw in Orange County who said he was told in a private chat the same "news".

Can anyone obtain this/these LETTERS? Has anyone heard this yet who is in the Southern California area? One of the "selected" congs is OJAI, CA. This is a small town in Ventura County.

Thank you, sKally

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Skally, give the city of San Diego a call or even Qualcomm itself and see who has reserved the stadium for that time frame. That would be I think on a Monday day after Football if Chargers are playing at home, should not be a problem to find out!!! regards. Buff

• sf
    sf

As I stated, it is said to be "secret and restricted". I went to Qualcomm/ Murphy "upcoming events" and Oct. 7 had no event listed.

I'm quite sure that details, if any, will surface soon. I phoned Alan today and relayed this information. He suggested I post it, as I was notsure what to do with said info. Perhaps others in Calif congs know of this "meeting". However, my source says his source had it announced at his congs podium. And I just finished up a chat from my source who corrected me to say it is NOT a "pioneer" meeting.

Thank you, sKally

• gsark
    gsark

A congregation in Reseda, CA has also been selected to go, October 7 to a speical supplemental meeting of the annual Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. This meeting is open only to baptized and unbaptized publishers and their minor children (did not say spouses, will check on that) and admittance will be only by a special 'publisher's badge' distributed from the congreagation overseer. The meeting is from 10:00 am or so to 1:30 pm or so,(don't remember exactly). Whether this is the same as the 'special pioneer' meeting mentioned here, or a different meeting, I do not know.

More later.

<"Get down off that cross; somebody needs the wood!">

• Maximus
    Maximus

This is the same telephone line type tie-in that JT was asking about in another thread. It's the non-business part of the annual meeting. Various places around the country will be doing the same thing.

They'll be told not to watch Dateline. (Just kidding. Then again, ...)

Max

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit