The Informed "Reformer" -- His Mission

by MDS 4 Replies latest jw friends

• MDS
    MDS

The Informed "Reformer" -- what he knows, what he wishes to achieve.

The Informed "reformer" is a humanitarian. "Victimization" must go. "Tyranny" must go. So he springs into action...clandestinely, behind the scenes. However, I think the real, hidden "truth" to the issues underlying the "reform" among JWs is the fact that Jehovah God as a "person" has been and will continue to be, undeniably "missing" in any real, concrete sense. Even though the "reformer" may use the word "God", in his efforts for change. To be sure, it can be an effective "tool" that he can use to sway "converts" to his "cause."

If the "reformer" mentions God by Name, we must remember its just a formality. The weight and consideration given to its useage is equal that when one reads or sees the liberal useage of the words "God" or "Jesus" in the literature and writings of the Governing Body of JWs today...mere lip-service and nothing more. The truly informed "reformer" realizes that Jehovah God never was in the picture in the first place. Or, at least he feels this way, inside.

The informed "reformer" has come to know, has made the "personal" decision within himself, that the very design of this religion is NOT "christian" to start with. For example, probably right now, less than 1 percent of JWs can tell you the true meaning of the "Good Samaritan" and what effect the Bible account should have upon all professed "christians" today. Our organization today, is exactly, Anti-Good Samaritan, completely. And no one seems to notice it...rank and file I'm speaking of. But the "reformer" knows this.

The truly informed "reformer" knows that the Governing Body IS NOT directed by God's spirit, no more than the Pope is directed by God's Spirit. He may not come out and admit it openly, but he knows this.
    He's no fool. The facts speak for themselves.

The informed "reformer" feels..."if God were involved, I wouldn't have to..." And that makes sense too.

The informed "reformer" has had to come to a serious fork in the road...to recognize that our bywords, expressions such as "Jehovah", the "Faithful Slave", "spirit-directed organization," "anointed footstep followers," "babylon the great," the "Great Crowd", "Other Sheep," "anointed remnant," "we-are-better-than-all-other-religions" attitudes and other like "theocratic lingo" will all, one day, simply have to become mere cliches, token "expressions" to pacify the "beast," the uninformed "masses" of JWs that carry the burden of the work and finances of the "ministry." If "change" is successful, the "reformer" is still forced to keep up the PRETENSE of the "we're-the-true religion" concept, which supposedly mimics the first century congregation, and thus has God's special favor. He still has to say such.

Afterall, every religion says its the "true religion," isn't that so?

That's why someone made the following comment on the future of the Reform Movement among JWs,

...The WTS will by theological evolution be forced to mainstream eventually. It has no choice over this. Twenty five years from now it will probably sit cozily next the Seventh Day Adventists etc. as an eccentric but benign belief but until then people are being hurt unnecessarily.

So the "reform movement" among JWs really has nothing to do with God and real "worship" associated with "spirit & truth", since that notion has been totally destroyed, shattered by the horrendous practice of sin perpetrated by the Governing Body & associates of the WTS over many, many years, removing all doubt that we ever "worshiped God" in real "spirit and truth." No, but that notion is all but gone. That part of him "died" when he learned the real "truth" of the Governing Body and their "lawlessness." -- John 4:23, 24

The informed "reformer" knows, realizes that Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit was never in the picture, really, else all of these terrible things would not have happened to begin with. But the "reformer" may not come out and say such. But insightful, probing questions, reveal his unexplainable actions, efforts and curious motives are actually, more "humanitarian," than spiritual.

The informed "Reformer" at least, SUBCONSCIOUSLY, if not consciously, has come to the realization that real "spirituality" as defined in the Bible, is long gone from the earthly scene. He has said to himself..."nobody on earth, really, really has it...we're no worse than anyone else...after reformation, we're just as good a religion as anyone one else...maybe a little bit better" and so on. Afterall, if JWs are not right, then who really has true worship ... who has it, he says to himself? ... Yes, he has said this to himself.

So then, he makes an inner, "personal decision"...to save the organization...even with all of its flaws and shortcomings...all of its "unchristianness." He works in clandestine fashion, behind the scenes, to "save" the organization. No, its not for God. No, not at all. No, but its for the people. To help people. Also, its really about survival, longevity and preservation of status for the "organization" itself. He wishes to see the "organization", change. Yes, change, but also, to continue. He wants the "organization" to continue to exist too. This "continuance" of the organization, then, is equally important to the "reformer."

Therefore, in actuality, though its vocally unspoken, still, the "reform" movement among JWs really has nothing to do with God, Jesus Christ, spirituality or true worship at all, when you get right down to it. No, but to the truly informed "reformer," real, pure worship of God, as such is not even possible anymore, or at least he imagines this is so -- given the real & ugly circumstances he has inherited from the Governing Body of JWs.

But whether he will "admit it," to you, to others or even to HIMSELF, is of course, another story.

MDS

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This was a really interesting post. I’m surprised more people haven’t made replies to it.

I am out of the org, so this isn’t really about me, I guess.

But I do wish to see the reform of the Org, for the people. For the people who may need a blood transfusion. For the people who feel they have no choice but to shun their own families, and for the people who are shunned. For the children who need to grow up, healthy and happy. For the silent lambs.

As for me, I could care less if the Org continues or does not continue. If it does continue, and blood transfusions are no longer banned and shunning is no longer practiced, pedophiles are not shielded, and freedom of speech is allowed, so much pain would be lifted from so many people! What are the chances of this happening?

I would say the chances of this happening are about the same as the chances of the Borg completely being destroyed, maybe a little better. But who cares if the Borg lives or dies? It’s the people who matter. And I can’t think of a more Christian motivation.

The people. God isn’t defined by where one worships, but by how one lives, and loves. The Org is nothing already. It is ‘irrelevant.’ If it changes or goes away makes no difference. If people can be saved from needless pain is what matters, no matter what religion they are. Reminds me of the Good Samaritan in the Bible. Should these people be helped only if they adopt a certain brand of Christianity? No! People should be helped. So this does have a lot to do with God, ‘Jesus Christ, spirituality and true worship’ because isn’t this what the Jesus tells us to do? Help people, regardless of what they believe?

MDS, thank you for the post, it really made me think. Thanks for listening.

--LisaBobeesa

• ianao
    ianao

Well alrighty MDS, I'm surprised you haven't latched onto your next convert.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello MDS,

I have seen a lot of talk on the Board in recent days about a ‘reform’ movement, almost as if their experience within the WTS precludes a person from thinking in terms of groups and organizations. Labels have been made, ready to put in badges, no doubt tea-shirt slogans are on the way - ‘I am a reformer - are you?’

Your oft repeated point in the above note seems to be trying to drive this message home :

The informed "reformer" knows, realizes that Jehovah, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit was never in the picture, really, else all of these terrible things would not have happened to begin with. But the "reformer" may not come out and say such. But insightful, probing questions, reveal his unexplainable actions, efforts and curious motives are actually, more "humanitarian," than spiritual.

You seem to miss an important issue here MDS and that is that those who want to see change within the WTS are well aware that God is not involved in this melee and actually are not remotely interested in this fact anyway, no careful probing required. You quote a paragraph written by myself in a previous note so I feel justified in commenting on your notions.

First and foremost, I have been very careful never to introduce my own theological viewpoints into this issue and also very careful not to use the term ‘reform’ but the word change. I challenge you to deduce from any of my posts that deal with this issue where I stand on the issue of theology. What I have said is that not all that the WTS does is bad and where their shadow crosses Christianity they reap its benefits by default. Many people who are not Christians respect Christianity. Theology is important to the the issue of change only if it helps understand the modus operandi of the WTS and I understand it well. Remember many who are trying to change the WTS into a ‘safe’ religion are atheists or belong to other belief systems. For example AlanF as an atheist ( at least that is what I think he is - we have never taleked belief systems ) with no belief in 'Jehovah God', 'Jesus Christ' of the 'Holy Spirit', Has worked tirelessly for years with an aim to change the WTS more anti-social thinking.

This is the point towards which many are working : to dismantle the theological aspects of the WTS that are dangerous to the well being of others. After this is achieved and my many posts on the subject make it clear how this will likely happen, then I for one will go home and put my feet up!

Though I respect your opinion MDS, IMHO I think that you have slightly missed the point and that those who are working to bring change to the WTS see a much simpler scenario and are very well aware that what is to be done is a mans work and not Gods.

HS

• MDS
    MDS

A previous comment above, by myself on the "Reform" Movement, as it exists today said:

...Therefore, in actuality, though its vocally unspoken, still, the "reform" movement among JWs really has nothing to do with God, Jesus Christ, spirituality or true worship at all, when you get right down to it. No, but to the truly informed "reformer," real, pure worship of God, as such is not even possible anymore, or at least he imagines this is so -- given the real & ugly circumstances he has inherited from the Governing Body of JWs.

However, I feel, the following information should be added to this above statement. It is indeed, God's purpose for the "Reform" movement among JWs to gain serious momentum & cohesive following within the ranks of the JWs organization. This lies ahead for us all to see and visualize. Prophecy reveals this.

Shortly, this movement, the "Reform" Movement among JWs, will indeed pick up serious strength and momentum. The Bible indicates that certain key events ahead will serve to "strengthen" this "movement" among JWs. At that time, the movement will become more "Bible-based" itself..scripture oriented. Thus, in the end, there will prove to be among the "reformers", many who will stand up openly, showing their staunch faith and belief in God's Holy Word, and wishing to "reform" the organization to re-gain God's favor. They will prove to be a formidable foe for the Governing Body of JWs.

Zech. 12:5,6 speaks of this increase in momentum and "strength" given to the "Reformers", this way,

"And the sheiks of Judah will have to say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem are a strength to me by Jehovah of armies their God. In that day I shall make the sheiks of Judah like a firepot among trees and like a fiery torch in a row of newly cut grain, and they must devour on the right [hand] and on the left all the peoples round about; and Jerusalem must yet be inhabited in her [own] place, in Jerusalem."

Thus, a "strengthening" occurs for the "reformer." His Faith is "strengthened" in God's help for him, to accomplish his "mission." At this time, the "reformer" as a group, after gaining serious momentum and assistance from others, the "inhabitants of Jerusalem," new ones who also turn "reformer," will in COMBINED FORCES, wreak havoc on the JW organization as we know it today. This "strengthening" period will occur between the Fall, October of 2001 and the Spring of [b]2003.

MDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit