My twins must hate me

by MsMcDucket 9 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't understand how they could shun me so easily? I tried to give them everything that I didn't have as a child. Disciplined them when appropriate...so on and so forth. What kind of hold does this organization have on them? It's almost as if they've hypnotized them. But, I still don't get it? How could you not talk to your mother? I think that they must of disliked me all along.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

((((((((((((MsMcDucket)))))))))))))

I am so sorry you have to go through this.

My own mother shuns me, I can't figure that out either. I don't blame them though, I blame the evil empire that brainwashes them into thinking that shunning a close family member is what God wants you to do. Maybe they believe that if they shun you, you will be so lonely that you will return to the Watchtower. I doubt they hate you, they are just brainwashed.

Take comfort in those that love you for who you are. I will be sending some good thoughts your way.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My mother hasn't talked with me in a month.

I am feeling more sadness as each day passes. I miss my Mom.

Brooke

• hubert
    hubert

Don't blame yourself. It's a very strong cult.

I'm sure you did your best bringing them up. I agree, it's so hard to believe that the W.T. cult can have such a strong hold on family members. But, if you read some of these posts that others put here, you'll see this happens to many, many families. You are not alone.

So sorry to hear this is happening to you.

Hubert

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Ms.McDuck, if the twins are in their teens, they may be shunning you as a matter of convenience for now. As in, you're not there to conveniently discipline them and keep them from doing things that might get them in trouble. Depends on whether they're really sincere in their efforts to be jdubyas or whether they're being coached to shun you by those around them. You'll find out later.........and they'll change. Give it time.

Besides......your the "Mighty McDuck", chere! Ya got grits!

Frannie

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I suppose the time will come when I will have to go through the shunning process with my own family. I have no idea what to expect.

How sad for both you and Brooke. But coming from a daughter, of course they don't hate you ms.McDcuket. Its been drilled into their heads that this is the right thing to do.

As much evil and mean things as my mother has done to me-I can never say I hate her. So don't ever think that.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'll get by with help from my friends. (to quote the Beatles?) Thanks for the responses everyone.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I was on the other side of the fence for much of my childhood. I shunned my own Df'd mother from the time I was in the fifth grade until I was a senior in High School.

Was it because I hated her? no

Was it because she was a bad mother? no

Was it because I thought she was bad? no

There is nothing my Mom could have done differently in following her own conscience that would have made a difference in my shunning her. She was in a catch-22. She was sweet and kind, and I didn't fear her disappointment nearly as much as I craved my fathers approval (which I have yet to recieve btw). My father was cold, domineering and strict, although we did have some good times.

I shunned her only because I thought thats what I needed to do to keep my fathers love, gain his approval and keep the acceptance of every other person in my life. I was scared to follow my heart.

I hope this makes some sense... I just want you to know, from the other perspective... that it's not you... it's not them... you're all just more victims of the JW Unlove policy. And I can almost guarantee that if you keep loving them just as hard, even if it's from a distance, when they get older they will start seeing things for themselves and you will be waiting there to catch them when they fall.

That's what happened to me... thank goodness my mother didn't believe in shunning when you make a mistake....

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown
    "I don't understand how they could shun me so easily? I tried to give them everything that I didn't have as a child. Disciplined them when appropriate...so on and so forth. What kind of hold does this organization have on them? It's almost as if they've hypnotized them. But, I still don't get it? How could you not talk to your mother? I think that they must of disliked me all along."

Do you REALLY think that they have disliked you all along? If so, then REALLY listen to what Frannie Banannie and ESPECIALLY what Effervescent has to say. The mind is an amazing and wonderful thing, but it is also capable of making ridiculous choices. Thankfully, LOVE can always enable the mind to be rehabilitated. *hugs* Brad

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>I think that they must of disliked me all along.

Think of them like robots. There is some guy in Brooklyn pushing the "shun" button, they aren't truly deciding to do it themselves. Regardless of their feelings for you, they have a "higher" imperative controlling them.

Doesn't make it feel better, but maybe it helps in some way to be able to believe they love you.

(((MsMcD)))

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit