When will they learn?

by Lady Lee 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok I know. A real dumb question. BUT when will they learn?

We know they lurk. We know they read what is posted and presumably any website with JWs and X-JWs.

We often get information before the Dubs get it. I just loved it when I had an elder at my door and I asked him for the next copy of the Awake! magazine with the picture of a man and a woman standing back to back and I think now was about marriages and communication. He had no idea it was coming. But we had the image already on the board.

We tear apart and analize the literature. We tell them what the problems are. Problems with:

• the sexual abuse policy
    • the way they handle sexual assault and spousal abuse
    • the young ones who are leaving
    • the blood issues
    • the UN issue
    • the Mexico/Malawi fiasco
    • constantly changing "new light"
    • DFing/DAing policies
    • rules upon rules upon rules
    • and on and on

We dissect everything and find possible solutions. This board is full of ideas, "If only they would..." and solutions that would make things better, if they would even do a bit of them.

But they insist on remaining stagnant. And like any body of stagnant water eventually it becomes polluted, poisonous and slowly evaporates into thin air.

Personally I can't wait for that day. It will come! Information is just too hard to control in this age of the internet. And that was always the controlling factor. But they can no longer control what people read. They will be informed and the more the WTS tells them "Don't" the more they will.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    It will come! Information is just too hard to control in this age of the internet. And that was always the controlling factor. But they can no longer control what people read. They will be informed and the more the WTS tells them "Don't" the more they will.

This is so true. Keep the faith for me. (I really mean that upbeat and NOT sarcastic)

Lady Lee,

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate your posts? So well thought out and timely. Thank you!

• icare4u
    icare4u

But they insist on remaining stagnant. And like any body of stagnant water eventually it becomes polluted, poisonous and slowly evaporates into thin air.

Personally I can't wait for that day.

That will never happen lady. What you should be waiting for is the Day of Jehovah! That is what we are encouraged to wait for by the bible. Tht Day you may see if you wait. The other thing you are waiting for is only a wish that wont come true.

• KW13
    KW13

i am sorry but people lose faith in something that is predicted so many times...even when i was a JW i would laugh at people like Nostradamist who said 'the end of the world on this date' and it never happened.

• skyman
    skyman

YOu forgot the Bulgeria deal they made with that country

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

DFed/Icare4U

That will never happen lady. What you should be waiting for is the Day of Jehovah! That is what we are encouraged to wait for by the bible. Tht Day you may see if you wait. The other thing you are waiting for is only a wish that wont come true.

You know what? This "day of Jehovah" has been predicted for over a century by the WTS. And every single time they were wrong. They have been wrong so many times it isn't even funny anymore. It's just sad. They will continue to be wrong because they refuse to change.

Already they are cutting back. Moving out of Brooklyn (who would have ever thought that say would come!) Cutting back on the literature (Awake! and books now being paperback). It's not like they don't have the $$$$. But they have been gouging people every chance they get.

Eventually people do catch on. And as long as people can get on the internet they will find out that the WTS is wrong.

Did I say wrong?

Sorry I meant WRONG!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you Sparkplug

• Carmel
    Carmel

icare,,take a look!!

To Him Isaiah, the greatest of the Jewish prophets, had alluded as the "Glory of the Lord," the "Everlasting Father," the "Prince of Peace," the "Wonderful," the "Counsellor," the "Rod come forth out of the stem of Jesse" and the "Branch grown out of His roots," Who "shall be established upon the throne of David," Who "will come with strong hand," Who "shall judge among the nations," Who "shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips slay the wicked," and Who "shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." Of Him David had sung in his Psalms, acclaiming Him as the "Lord of Hosts" and the "King of Glory." To Him Haggai had referred as the "Desire of all nations," and Zachariah as the "Branch" Who "shall grow up out of His place," and "shall build the Temple of the Lord." Ezekiel had extolled Him as the "Lord" Who "shall be king over all the earth," while to His day Joel and Zephaniah had both referred as the "day of Jehovah," the latter describing it as "a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, a day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers." His Day Ezekiel and Daniel had, moreover, both acclaimed as the "day of the Lord," and Malachi described as "the great and dreadful day of the Lord" when "the Sun of Righteousness" will "arise, with healing in His wings," whilst Daniel had pronounced His advent as signalizing the end of the "abomination that maketh desolate."

To His Dispensation the sacred books of the followers of Zoroaster had referred as that in which the sun must needs be brought to a standstill for no less than one whole month. To Him Zoroaster must have alluded when, according to tradition, He foretold that a period of three thousand years of conflict and contention must needs precede the advent of the World-Savior Shah-Bahram, Who would triumph over Ahriman and usher in an era of blessedness and peace.

He alone is meant by the prophecy attributed to Gautama Buddha Himself, that "a Buddha named Maitreye, the Buddha of universal fellowship" should, in the fullness of time, arise and reveal "His boundless glory." To Him the Bhagavad-Gita of the Hindus had referred as the "Most Great Spirit," the "Tenth Avatar," the "Immaculate Manifestation of Krishna."

To Him Jesus Christ had referred as the "Prince of this world," as the "Comforter" Who will "reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment," as the "Spirit of Truth" Who "will guide you into all truth," Who "shall not speak of Himself, but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak," as the "Lord of the Vineyard," and as the "Son of Man" Who "shall come in the glory of His Father" "in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory," with "all the holy angels" about Him, and "all nations" gathered before His throne. To Him the Author of the Apocalypse had alluded as the "Glory of God," as "Alpha and Omega," "the Beginning and the End," "the First and the Last." Identifying His Revelation with the "third woe," he, moreover, had extolled His Law as "a new heaven and a new earth," as the "Tabernacle of God," as the "Holy City," as the "New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband." To His Day Jesus Christ Himself had referred as "the regeneration when the Son of Man shall sit in the throne of His glory." To the hour of His advent St. Paul had alluded as the hour of the "last trump," the "trump of God," whilst St. Peter had spoken of it as the "Day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat." His Day he, furthermore, had described as "the times of refreshing," "the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy Prophets since the world began."

(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 94)

Of whom do you suppose this is referring?

carmel

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Sure....you are still brainwashed now....but take a look around the board and the REAL truth of the Bible will be shown to you, while the deceptions, lies, inconsistencies and hypocricies of the Witnesses will also be made clear....

Welcome to the board, even though you disagree. May you find the freedom that many of us have found.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit