Are there books you still keep?

by Eyebrow 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I have found that the following books are still of interest and use to me, although I have 'walked away' from JW:

1. Greatest Man Whoever Lived
    a lot of nice general info about Jesus' life that is easy to read

2. Mankind's Search for God
    this was the first book I had read that covers (albeit lightly) other religions. I learned how so many are similiar, and it piqued my interest in learning more about them.

3. The Great Teacher Book
    a great book with to use to show how kids can apply bible lessons in their own life. Again, I don't agree anymore with all the lessons, but still a nice read book geared to be read out loud.

4. My Book Of Bible Stories
    Easy to understand book that takes kids through the bible chronologically. Again, there are a few stories that many nonJWs may object too, but overall, it gives a really good overview of characters in the bible.

I have kept most of my books....partly because I am a packrat, and partly out of nostalgia. I chucked my back issues, but kept the bound volumes, cordances, bibles, etc.

What have you kept?

• mike047
    mike047

HI, I have some bound vols. wt & awake. and several of the newer books. About 25 years of yearbooks. I also have a small collection of the judges "rainbow books". several copies of the nwt.
    I don't use any of these. I do have a reprint copy of russell's "studies" vol 1-6. I am currently finishing it.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've still kept all my books. They are useful for when people refer to statements different books made.

I have also bought a few Rutherford-era books, ones I found in second-hand bookshops and book stalls. I also bought a few off Randy's freeminds site.

I've built up my book collection over my life as a JW, so they tend to be a bit of a sentimental thing for me. I doubt I will ever sell them - there are certainly some I will always keep for reference.

• Angharad
    Angharad

We've still got all our books, mainly for reference but we've not used them for ages. I thought about getting rid of some the other week, but couldn't bring myself to do it for some reason.

The Daniel's Prophecy book is quite useful at the moment, underneath part of the hampster cage making in level

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Sheesh!!!! hahaahh!

• Pablo Picasso
    Pablo Picasso

the only books i'm going to keep when i get out are the two versions of the Live Forever book.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Hello,

I have only kept wt volumes no awakes, one nwt bible, all bibles bought at a book store that have nothing to do with jw's and any old, old books that have come into possession

that reference early bible doctrine from the beginings.These are the books no one wants you to have. I guess these are the ones that have helped to see things differently and have brought

me to this point in life. Being able to see for myself what others on this site have pointed out. For some reason the "Old light is more enlighting then the New light".

Hope4Others

• Cc81
    Cc81

I kept my bible.. and the my book of bible storys book.. I had both of them from the time i was a baby.. I threw the rest away. I cant STAND looking at them. Makes me sick to my stomach

• Quandry
    Quandry

Just wanted to welcome HOPE FOR OTHERS!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit