"Hosea" WT Study, Walking With God

by willowmoon 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I found yesterday's WT study to be one of the more thoughtful in recent weeks. It carried some important lessons and reminders, especially in reinforcing the kindness and mercy with which Jehovah views us, even when we are at our very worst. I'm still thinking about it today...

It was encouraging to hear others' thoughts, also to see a more gentle and understanding spirit moving among the congregation as the meeting progressed. Anyone else notice this?

willow

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    It was encouraging to hear others' thoughts, also to see a more gentle and understanding spirit moving among the congregation as the meeting progressed. Anyone else notice this?

i feel like that sometimes when i take ex-lax.

luv, jojo

• Dune
    Dune

I dont know, i dont think it had the same effect at my congregation. Then again, i really wasnt paying attention to anyone when i left, lol.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

How about the generic "be on guard against apostates" at the end of the lesson. One older brother was going to comment on this part, but they missed his hand. I was really hoping to hear what he had to say, i'm sure it would have been good.

In my congregation the love is far removed. Everyone sounds like a robot when talking about it. From what I understand the situation is much worse than other congregations in our circut.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Drew Sagan’s comment on the older brother who raised his hand to comment on apostasy reminded of this: The paragraph was warning Elders to reject apostasy, not apostates. This to me is a signal that the WTS recognizes that some if not many of the Elders are questioning WT teachings and/or claims. I raised my hand also to answer on the paragraph but was not called on. I wanted to point out that the word used was apostasy not apostates and that he statement was directed toward those taking the lead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit