Early start.

by cyd0099 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

This morning at about 7:15 a pair of dubs came in and ordered ONE drip coffee to go and before she left she offered me the magazines [Awake on top of the WT, just like I used to do].

I politely refused-not interested/I've got customers, but inwardly I thought how rude to just flop those things out on my counter.

At least her day's hours started early... Maybe she won't have to go out on Christmas.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I remember a group of "pioneer" women who used 
    to browse and buy stuff at yard sales while they were in the "door
    to door" on Saturday mornings. I asked them once --shouldn't you stop counting time?"
    They both answered "Not if we're holding the magainzes for people to see 
    while we're shopping" 
    YC
  • cyd0099
    cyd0099

Yikes!
    By that logic they could pin the mags to their clothes and get like sixteen hours of witnessing a day.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I remember the story of the brother who left Timmins,Ontario early in the morning to drive down to Toronto.He'd go gas up and give a tract to the gas attendent,then spent 8 hours driving to Toronto.He would re-fill his gas tank and give out another tract. 8 HOURS of service!!!! With hours like that I could've been a pionneer too.

Goldminer

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A couple of years ago my father was admitted to a nursing home about 20 miles from his congregation territory. A group of witnesses drove over to see him one Saturday morning. At first I thought, "How nice!" Then I noticed that they left the magazines on a table in the hallway of the facility. So that's how they stretched out their time that morning.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Once our C.O. said, and it was reiterated at pioneer school, that it was ok to "start your time" while on the way to the KH to meet the FS group. For example, if you stopped off at a laundromat at 7 am and left some old magazines, then went to the KH, had a service meeting until 8, you could count your time as starting at 7.

I personally always thought that was highly dishonest and I refused to do it. I never made my time anyway and wanted the elders to know it each month when I turned in my time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit