Movie "what will you do with your life"

by The Lone Ranger 4 Replies latest jw friends

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Has anyone seen the WT DVD “What will you do with your life?” I have watched it and it’s a masterpiece of propaganda. Even I felt like I should just quit my job and go pioneering, tell my children not to seek good employment, not to go well in sports, Jehovah will provide their Bowl of Rice to keep them alive, etc….etc…. now I’ll need to unbrainwash my kids. They showed it in the KH as a special viewing, the main movie was about the usual length, 45 mins, but after that there was more clips and experience’s and interviews, it seen to go on and on, I could sense the ‘sign” from the audience when the interviews kept coming, it was 10:30 when they decided to stop the DVD and let everyone go home, it still wasn’t over! It made my stomach turn, when I thought of all the life that this movie will waste.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Nope I never seen it, thank gawd!

• poppers
    poppers

"I have watched it and it’s a masterpiece of propaganda"
    The first thing I thought of when I read this line was the movie, Triumph of Will, the late 1930's propaganda masterpiece about Hitler and nazism.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I heard about that but I never actually saw it. I did see the YPA one on how do I make real friends. It was about a girl that moved and then didnt tell anyone she was a JW so they tried to hook her up with a boy and she got in with a bad crowd. Then the typical guilt trip crying scene with a mature sister comforting her. All it did was show me how the worldy people were the truly accepting ones that wanted her to fit in and have a good time.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I personally enjoy how they stereotype the "world". They never show someone leaving the truth for a chess club.

And you have to love how everything is worst case scenario. It never works out until they talk to the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit